Thread: Trying to run 'padsp' from commandline, get this error?

judoGTI NNTP User

Default Trying to run 'padsp' from commandline, get this error?

Hello,

I'm attempting to get FullTiltPoker to run with wine, however the sound will not work unless I run wine via padsp. When I run padsp as root everything seems fine. But when I run it as a regular user I get the following error.

Can anyone help?

Here is what I am seeing:
    Code:
    brian@linux-18ia:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Full Tilt Poker> padsp wine FullTiltPoker.exe 
    ERROR: ld.so: object 'libpulsedsp.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
    ERROR: ld.so: object 'libpulsedsp.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

Kharris1022 NNTP User

Default Re: Trying to run 'padsp' from commandline, get this error?

I am seeing a similar error, but as any user. When I attempt to use padsp to run wine or teamspeak, both of which are 32bit applications. I am running OpenSUSE 11.1 64bit. All other applications are fine, audio runs great.

When I run an application using padsp, I get the following error:

I have been doing a ton of research on this issue, and it appears that it has occured for several users, of several different distributions. Ubuntu had the only fix, but it does not seem to apply to OpenSuSE. That information can be found at: Pulseaudio and Wine really don't want to play [Archive] - Ubuntu Forums

Using that information as a guide, I looked into the 32bit issue and libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so. It appears that OpenSUSE needs this file located in /usr/lib/alsa-lib as opposed to Ubuntu's /usr/lib32/alsa-lib, but I already see a file of this name located there.

Please assist, as at the moment it is impossible to use these applications and get any audio to work (at least, with other applications running as well, such as Banshee, or even audio from Firefox).