Thread: openSUSE 11.1 -- Questions

Default openSUSE 11.1 -- Questions

Hi,

I just recently installed openSUSE 11.1 and I have quite a few questions.

1) How can I create a link to the Trash can on my desktop? Whenever I try and make a link to location and use trash:/, it shows up as Trash.desktop, I don't want the .desktop but when I edit it it goes back to Trash.desktop.

2) Why are fonts so ugly by default and how can I change them to look better (is this just the font rednering, font choice, or what..?). Font suggestions are welcome.

3) The openSUSE menu (after updating to KDE 4.2.3) is now black on the bottom, where it should be white. How do I fix this? I don't want to change themes because Aya blends in with everything (or everything blends in with Aya ).

If I have any more questions I'll ask.

Joseph

P.S., here's a screenshot of the menu problem:

Blog Entries

Default Re: openSUSE 11.1 -- Questions

Fonts first. Not easy as everyone sees things differently. I use liberation fonts accross the board and set like this

The menu being black is correct, but you mean the text should be white so you can read it. I think you need to install a package called: kdeartwork4-desktopthemes

Trash. You add this with a widget. Unlock the the widgets and add widget, select wastebin.
    Remember the desktop is different in kde4. You should also be able set folder view widget and configure that to the location: Desktop and your icons at that location will be in the folder view.
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below