Save as ODT

Hi!
I’m using the latest OpenOffice.org from the stable repositories. The only problem is that I can’t save as the files in any open format (od]). The doc extensions are working fine. O.o
I renamed the .ooo3 directory but nothing changed.
There was a similar problem Open office… what the phrack??? - openSUSE Forums - but that was in May!
Any suggestions?

I’m not using the Build Service repo. No issues. Did you try a roll back to suse default updates?

No, there was no problems with the default installation (3.0.0.9). Anyway, I wiped out the installation from STABLE repo - these packages shouldn’t be there! I’m doing the latest fixes on my seminar work so it’s not the best time to experiment with tricky unstable packages.
It would be good to sign the repository on the wiki page to avoid the further problems, and to report this to the packagers.
What do you think?

I’m not with you friend. Sorry. I’m a little slow today.

What do you mean: “I wiped out the installation from STABLE repo - these packages shouldn’t be there!”

And: “it’s not the best time to experiment with tricky unstable packages”.

Stable ? Unstable ? - which is it.

By all means report bugs as per usual.

I don’t see it mentioned any where Package Repositories - openSUSE

these packages shouldn’t be there!
Why not?

People should add repos with consideration and if they’re going beyond the first few then be it on their own head.

Stable means it won’t crash your system or shouldn’t wipe out a file it doesn’t mean bug free. For that you would need the Package Repositories.

It blatantly says at the top of the page
http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories

Use at your own risk. Please make sure you actually need/want a specific repository instead of blindly adding it.

What more of a warning is needed, now with the popularity of Packman you’re also unlikely to meet much either, but still.

Ok, sorry let’s clear out:
I did an upgrade from the STABLE repo:
Index of /repositories/OpenOffice.org:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.1, and I think that these packages (containing the 3.0.1 update) aren’t stable - your OOo installation is getting corrupted after this upgrade (if you have spare time please update you installation from the STABLE repository to proof my assumption).

And finally no, it isn’t the best time to stuck with a corrupted installation when you are #hardworking. :expressionless: