Cube complaint

I’m losing interest in the eye candy that thrilled me just a couple of years ago. But I do like the cube. (kwin, kde4.2.3, 11.1)

One annoying thing has developed. I used to be able to push a window from one desktop to another. Now, if I am on desktop 1 and push a window to desktop 2, its ok. If I try to push it on to desktop 3, it reverts back to desktop 1. I can never get it to 3. These numbers are just examples. If I start on desktop 2 and try to push to desktop 4, the same thing happens. It will go to 3 and then pushing it further, it reverts to 2.

Am I missing some setting someplace?

I’ve tried as many settings changes as I could find and the cube still has this problem.

I can push a window to the next desktop, but if I try to go one further, the cube rotates in the opposite direction and back to the first desktop. It seems like kde thinks there are 3 sides to the cube, even though I checked and there are 4 virtual desktops.

I see nothing in Window Behaviors either that gives me a clue. Any ideas?

Not really, because I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to do, or even what the advantage of it could be. Sorry.

I can’t think of any advantages of it either, but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t work! lol!

Most often, I will have some app open, like Firefox, and will want to compare something I see on the net to a file I have open in OpenOffice on the other side of the cube. I would like to drag the apps side-by-side to compare them instead of having the cube spinning around until I’m dizzy.

Of course, you can work around this with no cube and window switchers or by being careful which virtual desktop you are on when you open a window. But this has worked for me since Beryl (maybe before?) and it should be working now.