Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kde 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade problem

Thumbs up Re: kde 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade problem

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    reboot and pause the boot by pressing the down arrow, now move back to the default boot and press backspace to clear all boot arguments - then just type the number: 3
    hit enter

At the login prompt enter your username and password
    Next do su and enter your root password

Now type: yast
    hit enter

This will/should start yast in basic mode (keyboard navigation)
    If you have not changed the repos as I suggested, do that first. Then in software management do the unconditional update.

As an alternative way, Some users have run the terminal commands
    Code:
    zypper ref
    Code:
    zypper dup
    with success.

THANKS A LOT caf4926! Seriously man, you are a linux genious. Using zypper ref and zypper dup perfectly worked out. If not a secret, what do those commands do? Set the packages to the factory factory default?
    Edited: Sorry, I am in a hurry right now. Will come back for discussion tomorrow morning. Thanks a lot again.

Blog Entries

Default Re: kde 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade problem

Quote Originally Posted by vasilys View Post
    THANKS A LOT caf4926! Seriously man, you are a linux genious. Using zypper ref and zypper dup perfectly worked out. If not a secret, what do those commands do? Set the packages to the factory factory default?
    Edited: Sorry, I am in a hurry right now. Will come back for discussion tomorrow morning. Thanks a lot again.
    zypper ref = refresh repo's
    zypper dup = distribution update

more zypper info here: Zypper/Usage/11.1 - openSUSE
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Smile Re: kde 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade problem

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    zypper ref = refresh repo's
    zypper dup = distribution update

more zypper info here: Zypper/Usage/11.1 - openSUSE
    That's pretty useful in case if I mess up again
    Btw, I still wasn't able to upgrade my KDE, although I deleted #3 and #4, just like you said Here is the conflicts log - Conflicts list - nopaste.com (beta) and the zypper lr -u -p output:
    Code:
    #  | Alias                | Name                                  | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | URI                                                                                                                                          
    ---+----------------------+---------------------------------------+---------+---------+----------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                         
    1  | Emulators:Wine       | Emulators:Wine                        | Yes     | Yes     |   99     | Index of /repositories/Emulators:/Wine/openSUSE_11.1
    2  | devel:tools:building | devel:tools:building                  | Yes     | Yes     |   99     | Index of /repositories/devel:/tools:/building/openSUSE_11.1
    3  | kde42_Community      | kde42 Community                       | Yes     | Yes     |   99     | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.1_KDE_42
    4  | kde_42_Dekstop       | kde 42 Dekstop                        | Yes     | Yes     |   99     | Index of /repositories/KDE:/42/openSUSE_11.1
    5  | openSUSE 11.1-0      | openSUSE 11.1-0                       | Yes     | No      |   99     | cd:///?devices=/dev/sr0
    6  | repo                 | Packman Repository                    | Yes     | Yes     |   99     | Index of /pub/packman/suse/11.1
    7  | repo-debug           | openSUSE-11.1-Debug                   | No      | Yes     |   99     | Index of /debug/distribution/11.1/repo/oss
    8  | repo-non-oss         | openSUSE-11.1-Non-Oss                 | Yes     | Yes     |  120     | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/non-oss
    9  | repo-oss             | openSUSE-11.1-Oss                     | Yes     | Yes     |  120     | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/oss
    10 | repo-source          | openSUSE-11.1-Source                  | No      | Yes     |   99     | Index of /source/distribution/11.1/repo/oss
    11 | repo-update          | openSUSE-11.1-Update                  | Yes     | Yes     |   99     | Index of /update/11.1
    12 | repo_1               | openSUSE BuildService - KDE:Community | Yes     | Yes     |   99     | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Community/openSUSE_11.1
    13 | system:SynCE         | system:SynCE                          | Yes     | Yes     |   99     | Index of /repositories/system:/SynCE/openSUSE_11.1
    P.S. Hope I am not very annoying...

Blog Entries

Default Re: kde 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade problem

The answer is to check the following:

[X] Following actions will be done:
    do not install compiz-kde4-0.7.8-9.1.i586
    downgrade of compiz-kde4-0.7.8-9.1.i586 to compiz-kde4-0.7.8-8.1.i586
    install compiz-kde4-0.7.8-8.1.i586 (with vendor change)
    openSUSE

[X] deinstallation of digikamimageplugins-0.9.4-51.18.i586

This one is Dependant on if you want to keep the older amarok,
    which might be better, so the answer is
    [X] do not install amarok-2.0.2-3.1.i586

[X] replacement of kde4-gwenview-4.1.3-4.7.i586 with gwenview-4.2.3-3.1.i586
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12