I can't install Firefox addons

Hi!
Last week I have installed openSUSE 10.3 to my laptop. I upgraded Firefox to 3.0.10 and wanted to install my favourite addons, but I could install only Google Toolbar from Google’s site. Other addons from addons.mozilla.org just can’t be installed in any way. Firefox says that there is an “download error 228”.
I don’t know what is wrong. I try to install addons in the same way as I do it in Windows XP.
Please help!

Thanks beforehand!

Google it for you
Unable to install themes or extensions - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Try this link:
Unable to install themes or extensions - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base.

Okay caf4926, I made it better :smiley:
download error 228

Thanks for the fast reply! I promise to polish my googling skills :wink:

I have already read this article Unable to install themes or extensions - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
I checked my FF cache settings. Cache is enabled (set to 50 Mb). Also I tried to download the addon and install it from my hard drive. When I tried to right-click and “save link as…” it gave me the same Error 288.
Their advices didn’t help.

Also I noticed that after upgrading FF to 3.0.10 it became much slower than other browsers.

Do you have enough space on your hard drive?

ps.:that’s abs. normal. FF has lazy style on openSUSE. :slight_smile:

Yes, I have enough free space. 28 GB free out of 30 GB on /home
Maybe there are some special linux tricks? Like installing addons from terminal or doing it from root account? I’m very green linux user and I think the solution of FF addons problem must be very simple because most people don’t have this problem.

Yesterday I have uninstalled FF 3.0.10 and came back to FF 2.0.0.22pre because I couldn’t work with such a slow browser.

P.S. SUSE is my second OS. I use WinXP as a primary OS. Not sure if it could cause some problems.

The problem is resolved. i don’t know exactly what caused the problem. Maybe it was a bug in FF 3.0.10
I downgraded my FF to 2.0, then restarted my computer and now I can download the addons and install them in FF.
That problem was very strange. Anyway I’m happy to use my favourite browser again.

Thanks guys!