Thread: Installing Parallels Tools

Default Installing Parallels Tools

I'm new to Linux and have successfully installed openSUSE 11.1 as a virtual machine in Parallels on my MacBook Pro.

I'm now trying to install Parallels Tools. Using Terminal in openSUSE I can switch to the Parallels Tools virtual CD ("cd /media/Parallels\ Tools/"), but then when I type:"./install" in Terminal I get this message:

"bash: ./install: No such file or directory"

What am I doing wrong? I have successfully followed this same process in another Linux distribution I am trying. I'm following the instructions here:
    Installing Parallels Tools in a Linux guest OS

I'd be grateful for any help!

Default Re: Installing Parallels Tools

Can you post the output of the following command?
    Code:
    cd /media/Parallels\ Tools/
    ls -l
    openSUSE 12.3 (x86_64) with Kernel 3.7.10-1.16-desktop and KDE 4.11.2 on MacBook Pro
    Latest MS Windows version used: Win95

Hi ... it says:

total 0

Thanks for helping!

Well, with not files in that directory there is also no way to run one of them.

Did you burn the parallel-tools CD and insert it to the drive before trying to install?
    You need to create a CD by burning the ISO file prl-tools-lin.iso
    openSUSE 12.3 (x86_64) with Kernel 3.7.10-1.16-desktop and KDE 4.11.2 on MacBook Pro

Well no, I was trying to use the virtual disk in Parallels Desktop, which has worked for me before ... But now I have burnt the file prl-tools-lin.iso to a CD, as suggested, and I can see the disk on my openSUSE desktop ...

So far so good ... but what do I do now - how do I run the Parallels Tools installer? I have tried 'cd /media/cdrom/' in Terminal but that returned 'no such file or directory'.

Thanks for your help, and apologies for what must seem very basic questions!

choose Devices: CD/DVD ROM : Connect Image...