Yast refuse to upgrade KDE4.22

Hi!
I’ve been upgrading KDE to 4.22
Yast allways show newer versin if avaiable.

But now it only want to downgrade KDE to 4.1
KDE4-runtime shows installed: 4.2.2-97.4
Alternativ: 4.1.3-4.2.9

Now all installed KDE-software that is version 4.2.2 only have as alternativ an earlier version.
What happend?

Check the priority of the KDE repo in Yast, make sure it is lower then the original KDE repo’s.

Hi!
I have so many repo!

• KDE-community
  • KDE-backport
  • KDE-factory

In what priority should i set them to?

set them all to 99
but honestly if you don’t understand all this you shouldn’t be messing with it. Too many repos end’s up in disaster for the inexperienced
Repository Management - openSUSE Forums

Well thay all have priority 99. The problem is that Yast don’t want to give me more upgrades for KDE4.22
Is like 4.22 is been removed from repo.

Anyone know when KDE4.3 is out?

RS

Post terminal output of

zypper lr -u -p

Sorry! I have Norwegian language, so maybe you dont understand anything here!

| Alias | Navn | aktivert | Oppdater | Prioritet | URI

—±-------------------------±----------------------------------------------------±---------±---------±----------±------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 | KDE:KDE4:Factory:Desktop | KDE:KDE4:Factory:Desktop | Ja | Ja | 99 | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1
2 | Novell_Client | Novell Client | Nei | Nei | 99 | iso:///?iso=Novell_Client_SLE11-i586-20081218-CD1.iso&url=file:///home/ros/ISO/
3 | OpenSUSE_11.1_DVD-iso | OpenSUSE 11.1 DVD-iso | Ja | Nei | 99 | iso:///?iso=su1110.001.iso&url=file:///home/ros/ISO/
4 | X11:XGL | X11:XGL | Ja | Ja | 99 | Index of /repositories/X11:/XGL/openSUSE_11.1
5 | home:nesnomis:games | home:nesnomis:games | Ja | Ja | 99 | Index of /repositories/home:/nesnomis:/games/openSUSE_11.1
6 | openSUSE 11.1-0 | openSUSE 11.1-0 | Nei | Nei | 99 | cd:///?devices=/dev/sr0
7 | repo | NVIDIA Repository | Ja | Ja | 99 | http://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/11.1
8 | repo-debug | openSUSE-11.1-Debug | Nei | Ja | 100 | Index of /debug/distribution/11.1/repo/oss
9 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-11.1-Non-Oss | Ja | Ja | 100 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/non-oss
10 | repo-oss | openSUSE-11.1-Oss | Ja | Ja | 100 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/oss
11 | repo-source | openSUSE-11.1-Source | Ja | Ja | 100 | Index of /source/distribution/11.1/repo/oss
12 | repo-update | openSUSE-11.1-Update | Ja | Ja | 20 | Index of /update/11.1
13 | repo_1 | VideoLan Repository | Ja | Ja | 99 | Index of /pub/videolan/vlc/SuSE/11.1/
14 | repo_10 | openSUSE BuildService - Mozilla | Ja | Ja | 99 | Index of /repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.1
15 | repo_11 | openSUSE BuildService - X11:Compiz | Ja | Ja | 99 | Index of /repositories/X11:/Compiz/openSUSE_11.1
16 | repo_2 | Packman Repository | Ja | Ja | 99 | Index of /pub/packman/suse/11.1
17 | repo_3 | openSUSE BuildService - Drivere for webkamera | Ja | Ja | 99 | Index of /repositories/drivers:/webcam/openSUSE_11.1
18 | repo_4 | openSUSE BuildService - KDE Tilbakeporteringer | Nei | Ja | 99 | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Backports/openSUSE_11.1
19 | repo_5 | openSUSE BuildService - KDE-fellesskapet | Ja | Ja | 99 | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Community/openSUSE_11.1
20 | repo_6 | openSUSE BuildService - Spill | Ja | Ja | 99 | Index of /repositories/games/openSUSE_11.1
21 | repo_7 | openSUSE BuildService - Virtualisering (VirtualBox) | Ja | Ja | 99 | Index of /repositories/Virtualization:/VirtualBox/openSUSE_11.1
22 | repo_8 | openSUSE BuildService - OpenOffice.org | Ja | Ja | 99 | Index of /repositories/OpenOffice.org:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.1
23 | repo_9 | openSUSE BuildService - Wine CVS-pakker | Ja | Ja | 99 | Index of /repositories/Emulators:/Wine/openSUSE_11.1

Updates is set to 20, change it to 99

You have too many repo’s !!

and you have the wrong kde4 repo to remain stable:
change to:these 2:
Index of /repositories/KDE:/42/openSUSE_11.1

Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.1_KDE_42

you need to update unconditionally in both those 2 repos

Alternative suggestions:
You can also disable the Opensuse Updates, which provide new versions of some KDE4.1.3 files.
After installing KDE 4.2.2 you can enable again this repository.

Greetings

Michael

Does the auto updater applet update KDE to the latest version by itself with the opensuse.org repos?
Or is it something I should not be messing with?
:shame:

No.
The updater applet with the default oss, non-oss, and update repos will only provide you with kde4.1.3. That is what shipped with OS11.1.
This thread is discussing the upgrade to kde4.2.2 which require you add repos to your repo list.

I allready have upgraded to 4.22
But it always comes new upgrades every days. KDE4.2 is buggy and it get better and better with newer upgrades. My problems is that Yast Software Management stopped show KDE4.2.x but only show KDE 4.1.x as Alternativ.

I did change repos now and point it to KDE:42 and now it seems more normal.

Its kind of confusing all these repos!

RS

No! I had to manual search for KDEBASE4 and KDE4 and mark them as Upgrade if version is higher.
I kind of messed up repos so i lost the 4.2 as alternativs, but now it seems to work again.

RS