Thread: Uninstall program installed with wine

Question Uninstall program installed with wine

Hi!

I recently installed a windows program with wine. I have to install it again because I can not change configuration if it installed. The only way to change, is to uninstall and install it again.

Anyone knows how to uninstall the program ? Does the installation with wine does something to do with this ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Regards

agunet74

Default Re: Uninstall program installed with wine

I believe if you install a windows program, as in windows there is an uninstaller that is installed with it. I know on my computer in KDE when I install something with wine it shows up under the applications submenu along with the uninstaller for it.

The other way you can find the uninstaller is if you go to your .wine folder then go to drive_c then program files then the name of the application you want to uninstall, you can find the uninstaller there.

Good Luck,

Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

it could be helpfull to yoy. Execute:

wine uninstaller

Wow! I never knew that. That is way too easy!
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

wine uninstaller was the real, easy solution!

Thanks a lot!

agunet