Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: What should I do before login suse it freeze?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    (Canada)
    Posts
    773

    Exclamation What should I do before login suse it freeze?

    Hi I need help since I change repo everything going nuts,the last thing is I can`t login in suse it `s freeze on me why?
    Should I take my suse disk and update/downgrade .

    I really need help please and I just using my wife laptop.

    Thank you for helping me,I appreciate you.

    Mike

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,733
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: What should I do before login suse it freeze?

    Are you logging in automatically or do you have it set to type in your password.
    Explain where you get to and when it freezes.
    eg: It freezes after I enter my password!

    or
    It freezes at the login screen

    or

    it freezes whilst automatically logging in.
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    (Canada)
    Posts
    773

    Default Re: What should I do before login suse it freeze?

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Are you logging in automatically or do you have it set to type in your password.
    Explain where you get to and when it freezes.
    eg: It freezes after I enter my password!

    or
    It freezes at the login screen

    or

    it freezes whilst automatically logging in.
    Ok I restart my computer soft restart I don`t shut down my computer freeze 1/6 of start up.
    Then I have to shut down my computer and start up my computer again it works till at the login screen and I try to type my password it freeze right there I can`t type nothing.
    Should I downgrade it?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    (Canada)
    Posts
    773

    Default Re: What should I do before login suse it freeze?

    I will turn my computer and see I can login and let you know in 1 min.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    (Canada)
    Posts
    773

    Default Re: What should I do before login suse it freeze?

    I can login in now ,but I know it will freeze again or one hacker use my computer.
    How can I find out if one of the hackers broke into my computer?.

    Mike

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,733
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: What should I do before login suse it freeze?

    At the grub boot screen, first try a failsafe boot. If that fails, reboot, at the grub boot selection just select the default but you may have to move down and then back up to it to pause the timer.
    Now press backspace until all the kernel boot options have been deleted out. Now just type the number: 3
    Hit enter

    At the CLI login with your user name and password
    Then type: su
    and enter root password.

    Now type:
    zypper ref

    then
    zypper up

    see if this helps. If not go through the same boot up to login to level 3. and su.
    From here you can start yast with: yast
    (just a basic keyboard managed form)

    you could post
    zypper lr
    Maybe you messed up in there?
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,733
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: What should I do before login suse it freeze?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1michael1 View Post
    I can login in now ,but I know it will freeze again or one hacker use my computer.
    How can I find out if one of the hackers broke into my computer?.

    Mike
    Now you logged in - stop worrying about hackers

    post:
    zypper lr

    Check in software management - filter by repo and look in the kde42 repos, see if there are red or blue packages?
    If yes do update all unconditionally.
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    (Canada)
    Posts
    773

    Default Re: What should I do before login suse it freeze?

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    At the grub boot screen, first try a failsafe boot. If that fails, reboot, at the grub boot selection just select the default but you may have to move down and then back up to it to pause the timer.
    Now press backspace until all the kernel boot options have been deleted out. Now just type the number: 3
    Hit enter

    At the CLI login with your user name and password
    Then type: su
    and enter root password.

    Now type:
    zypper ref

    then
    zypper up

    see if this helps. If not go through the same boot up to login to level 3. and su.
    From here you can start yast with: yast
    (just a basic keyboard managed form)

    you could post
    zypper lr
    Maybe you messed up in there?
    Now I`m in suse it works ok but I don`t now and I will try out what your saying.
    First I have to close down my wife computer, be back later.
    See what happening and I will let you know A.S.A.P.
    Before it getting worse all my icons everything change to ? mark yes ? anyway see yeah.

    Mike

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    (Canada)
    Posts
    773

    Default Re: What should I do before login suse it freeze?

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Now you logged in - stop worrying about hackers

    post:
    zypper lr

    Check in software management - filter by repo and look in the kde42 repos, see if there are red or blue packages?
    If yes do update all unconditionally.
    So there it is:

    # | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh
    ---+--------------------------------------------+--------------------------------------------+---------+--------
    1 | KDE:/42/openSUSE_11.1/ | KDE:/42/openSUSE_11.1/ | Yes | Yes
    2 | KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.1_KDE_42/ | KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.1_KDE_42/ | Yes | Yes
    3 | devel:tools:building | devel:tools:building | Yes | Yes
    4 | openSUSE 11.1-0 | openSUSE 11.1-0 | Yes | Yes
    5 | repo | NVIDIA Repository | Yes | Yes
    6 | repo-debug | openSUSE-11.1-Debug | Yes | Yes
    7 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-11.1-Non-Oss | Yes | Yes
    8 | repo-oss | openSUSE-11.1-Oss | Yes | Yes
    9 | repo-update | openSUSE-11.1-Update | Yes | Yes
    10 | repo_1 | VideoLan Repository | No | No
    11 | repo_2 | Packman Repository | Yes | Yes

    I will Nvidia no no right now

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,733
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: What should I do before login suse it freeze?

    That looks ok Mike.

    Check your packages in the kde42 repo's, especially that you don't have a mix of red and blue ones.

    what does

    Code:
    zypper lu
    report?
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •