Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amarok 2

Default Re: Amarok 2

I got it install guys. What I did was to go to this LINK/. I looked for amarok 2. What i did was to uninstall the old one and install the new one. 1 Click install mind you.

Thanks for the help. Just hope you guys don't keep quarreling about repos lol

I think we don't have to quarrel about the repos because that's how you or anyone else running KDE 4.2.2 should have.

The Factory repos will contain KDE 4.3 Beta which is still unstable. The proper repo for 4.2.2 are the ones i gave You.

And amarok is at both repos the 42 and Factory. You just didn't refresh the repo after adding it?
    How does a linux geek make love??

- rtfm; unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; zip; sleep;

What you recommend that I do so that I don't get the 4.3 repos?

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBendingRodriguez View Post
    We should tell people to use the "stable" repo, we shouldn't recommend factory repos anymore.

You can get amarok from this repo and only from this.

Index of /repositories/KDE:/42/openSUSE_11.1

For additional applications (k3b, quite stable but Alpha version, looks like it will be even better than KDE 3 version) use these repositories:

Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.1_KDE_42

Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Playground/openSUSE_11.1_KDE_42

P.S. Why don't use Factory repo? There are some changes going on and after some time there will be KDE 4.3 Beta and you don't want it yet

Just add repositories i wrote about above and get rid of the KDE 4 Factory repositories.

- rtfm; unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; zip; sleep;

You really have too many repositories here mate.

I'd be lost completely, you got many duplicates here and unnecessary repos.
    Probably a side effect of 1-Click usage. I don't want to think about how many people has a similar setup.

Then they complain how unstable their system is

Then they complain how unstable their system is
    Well, isn't exactly their fault. 1-Click was very promotioned and is offered everywhere... but nobody says the problems it has...

- The OBS doesn't differentiates between development and runtime dependent repos. So if I search amarok in Software.openSUSE.org and click on the 1-Click install link from KDE:42 the repository devel:tools:building will be added to my system.

- There is no way to identify correctly a repo. So the 1-Click installer can easily add a repo that the user already has.

Thanks guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12