Thread: dbus problems preventing access to keyring

Default dbus problems preventing access to keyring

It's been a while since I booted my opensuse 11.1 partition on my laptop (been travelling). But today when I booted it up it couldn't connect to the wireless network. After much poking about, this message gets dumped to /var/log/messages every time I try to connect to a pre-configured WLAN:

Code:
    Apr 25 22:36:12 mark dbus-daemon: Rejected send message, 15 matched rules; type="method_return", sender=":1.61" (uid=0 pid=4114 comm="/usr/lib/NetworkManager/nm-dispatcher.action ") interface="(unset)" member="(unset)" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.8" (uid=0 pid=2907 comm="/usr/sbin/NetworkManager "))
    The same thing happens when I try to run any of the defined VPNs that used to work just fine.

Code:
    Apr 25 22:39:20 mark dbus-daemon: Rejected send message, 5 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.8" (uid=0 pid=2907 comm="/usr/sbin/NetworkManager ") interface="org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSettings.Connection.Secrets" member="GetSecrets" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination="org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerUserSettings" (uid=1000 pid=3742 comm="nm-applet --sm-disable "))
    Right now in order to get onto the home WLAN I have to right-click the Networkmanager icon, go to Edit Connections, delete the dead existing one. Then I have to "Connect to a Hidden Wireless Network", which will allow me on.

The version of dbus-1 I have is 1.2.10-5.4.1. I downgraded to 1.2.10-5.3.1 to see if that changed anything, but it didn't.

Unfortunately, NetworkManager is the only application I use that uses the keyring so I'm not certain if it is just dbus, or NetworkManager futzing out.

Default Re: dbus problems preventing access to keyring

A couple reboots later, and applying dbus-1-1.2.10-5.4.1 again seems to have fixed it. Go fig.