Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This lizard will help you set up your printer...

daviddell NNTP User

Default Re: This lizard will help you set up your printer...

i haven't really understand the printer using in LAN for sharing even in windows, anyone mastered it?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonbite View Post
    If you're working with the guts of the operating system, does that make you a gizard?

(yeah, I know it's misspelled, but it follows the "lizard" and "wizard" spellings)

lol, nice one
    HP dv6645, Nvidia 8400m-gs, KDE 4.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daviddell View Post
    i haven't really understand the printer using in LAN for sharing even in windows, anyone mastered it?
    This is tricky, but the answer is YES it can be done.

I confess I find the GUI in YaST for configuring printers on a LAN difficult to follow. Hence I tend to just re-use an old configuration file over and over again where the old configuration file allowed me to have a Linux PC set up as the print server, and both Linux and Windows PCs would print via that Linux PC.

I have read there are two ways to do this, of which I follow one. The two ways are:Note in both cases I have provided a Link to a tutorial created by Swerdna.

In my case, I use the IPP method for sharing our ancient HP-5652 DeskJet printer amongst the openSUSE PCs on our LAN and also by my wife's MS-Windows PC (where the printer is physically connected to an openSUSE PC). I have been successfully using this IPP printing technique since SuSE-9.x.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuseling View Post
    Should I open a report on openfate requesting that the wizards are renamed lizards? What do you think?

Personally, I think it's the sort of joke that endears you to a disto, but is unobtrusive enough to be easily ignored once it's ceased to be funny.

I'm not suggesting bouncing animated desktop 'pals' that shadow your cursor and blight your life - just that if we're going to anthropomorphise, we may as well do it in a brand conscious way.

Any thoughts?
    You should.
    Choqok caught my attention because of the peculiar name.
    People who do not break things first will never learn to create anything

WOW!

No thoughts ... just WOW! .... and still no thoughts .....

How about a lizard(gecko?),wizard, gizard in your happy meal ... collect the complete set .... still no thoughts .... WOW! .... still no thoughts ... still no .. still .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123