Thread: Upgrade to KDE 4.2.2 problems

mu88ay NNTP User

Default Upgrade to KDE 4.2.2 problems

I just upgraded to the 'factory' version of openSUSE KDE 4.2.2, to improve the operation of KDE 4. (starting from an openSUSE 11.1 install)

The actual KDE version I used is:4.2.69.svn949727-1.3.x86_64 (Yes I know it is 'unstable')

I upgraded everything that had 'kde4' on the front. (I did this in yast using 'factory' as a repository)

This has improved a number of things no end, but kmail, while working better in a number of areas, crashes when I try to 'send' email. It simply vanishes from the screen when I click send, or queue it for sending.

It will restart happily, but usually not with the email you have just edited. Everything else seems to work.

I have two questions:
    1) Should I have upgraded some other component that didn't have 'kde4' as a prefix, to make the email work?
    (There were no dependencies for this in yast.)

OR

2) Is this a bug for this version and should I report it? (Being not sure if its being in 'factory' others on top of it)

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Upgrade to KDE 4.2.2 problems

You used the unstable repo as opposed to just Factory which would give you stable 4.2.2 rather than the unstable development version of 4.3

I would advise
    Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1

Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Extra-Apps/openSUSE_11.1

Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.1_KDE4_Factory_Desktop

remove the other repo's add these and do update all unconditionally in all three
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

mu88ay NNTP User

Thanks this worked, but it was a lot of pain.

Yast didn't recognize about half the packages had another version. So it left KDE unworkable. I had to do it manually using iceWM/xterm/zypper, and individual delete and reinstall packages.

Thanks again as I am working now YAH!

Blog Entries

You probably need to change the priority of your repo's and have Updates at 99, the same as the factory ones.
    oss and non-oss should be 120
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below