Thread: Mozilla Seamonkey 1.1.16

Default Mozilla Seamonkey 1.1.16

Hi,

Mozilla has recently issued two new versions of Seamonkey (1.1.15 closely followed by 1.1.16). Alas, none of them is offered to me, either by the online updater or by the software installer in Yast.

I have openSUSE 10.3, and indeed when I look into Index of /update/10.3/rpm/i586 there's no .rpm or .delta.rpm for these versions, whereas the .rpm exists in Index of /repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_10.3/i586

Is there a place where I should report this inconsistency (if that's one)?

Thanks.

Default Re: Mozilla Seamonkey 1.1.16

Not an inconsistency,one is for updates from opensuse & one isn't Just add the Mozilla repo to your list of repositories & update that way,it's what i did ( Yes, i use SeaMonkey all the time ) so i have the latest version( thinking of trying the beta version as well )

Andy
    To be is to do = Immanuel Kant
    To do is to be = Descartes.
    Do be do be do = Frank Sinatra

SuSE user since 7.0,Linux user since 1994

Thanks for answering. I don't understand what "updates from opensuse" are: previous versions of seamonkey (up to 1.1.14) are in /update. Aren't updates supposed to bring security fixes?

So, I have to subscribe to all repositories containing software I use? (so that I'll have to browse all subdirectories in Index of /repositories to find which ones are relevant)

Updates do bring security fixes, it just takes a bit longer to get put into the official opensuse update repo's.You only need to subscribe to individual repo's if you must have the latest & most cutting edge software.Using the standard repo's,it takes a bit of time to filter through.

Andy
    To be is to do = Immanuel Kant
    To do is to be = Descartes.
    Do be do be do = Frank Sinatra

SuSE user since 7.0,Linux user since 1994

Thanks, now I'm a Less Puzzled Penguin.