I just installed opensuse 11.1 and things are going great -- almost great. Every so often, my system just freezes up on me and I have to hard-reset (hold onto the power button) to get it back. It only happens whenever I mess around with the system configuration for too long (I'm trying to customize plasmoids and get my gtk fonts to display the same as KDE fonts).

After I restart my system, the plasmoids on my panel arrange themselves in a very wierd way and I have to set them up anew. It's not that big of a deal, but it just getting to be annoying. I'm looking for help on solving the problem, but I don't know how to properly document or diagnose the problem. I am, however, quite sure I can duplicate the error if that helps in any way.

My system specs are: Pentium 4 3.0 GHZ, integrated graphics "Mesa DRI Intel(R) 915G 20080716 x86/MMX/SSE2", 512 MB of RAM, opensuse 11.1, KDE 4.1.3"release9"

... On an unrelated note, after setting my panel's min/max width, the panel doesn't seem to want to resize depending on how many tasks I have open... is there a way to make my panel get bigger when more apps take up space in the panel, and shrink when there are less apps?