Thread: cd-burning with kde4 (ii.i) and K3

horke68 NNTP User

Default cd-burning with kde4 (ii.i) and K3

I noticed with allwhelming surprice that SuSE did' t recognize my dvd-burning drive. Reason for it was the fact that software did not have proper rights for the files/device? How come? What can be done.

Blog Entries

Default Re: cd-burning with kde4 (ii.i) and K3

Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Hello,

EDIT: Follow Caf's advice first. If that doesn't work try this.

A little searching will yield that you have to add yourself to the cdrom group. To do this you must open Yast then click on Security and Users then User and Group Management. The first thing you'll see is the Users tab open. Find your username and click edit. Click the details tab and under additional groups click the box to add yourself to the cdrom group. Hit ok then hit ok again and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps!

Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

Blog Entries

Ian
    A little searching will yield that you have to add yourself to the cdrom group. To do this you must open Yast then click on Security and Users then User and Group Management. The first thing you'll see is the Users tab open. Find your username and click edit. Click the details tab and under additional groups click the box to add yourself to the cdrom group. Hit ok then hit ok again and you should be good to go.
    I am sure this is no longer necessary, which is why I said make sure to be Updated.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

It seems you are correct. I just restarted after removing myself from the cdrom group and I'm now burning a DVD!

Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

Blog Entries

Things should all be fixed after update.

Also: in Systemsettings - Advanced there's k3bSetup. This sets the permissions for your burning device. Just start once, give rootpassword, Apply, and that's it.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht