Thread: Mis-behaving Dolphin

Default Mis-behaving Dolphin

This is strange problem, in KDE4.2

When I launch "Dolphin - Superuser mode" from the menu, I can't open text files. I get the error KDEInit could not launch '/usr/bin/kwrite'.

But when I got to Konsole and login as root, then call Dolphin there, the application behaves correctly and I can open text files as expected.

But the menu option doesn't work if I then set it up to call Dolphin as user root. I get the error message Could not start process Cannot talk to klauncher

Going back to the Konsole, I notice the following (The second CLI "kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib64" was called automatically)

inspiron:~ # dolphin
    "/usr/bin/dolphin(20149)" Error in thread 47818219218672 : "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.kde.nepomuk.services.nepomukstorage was not provided by any .service files"
    "/usr/bin/dolphin(20149)" Error in thread 47818219218672 : "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
    dolphin(20149): Attempt to use QAction "close_tab" with KXMLGUIFactory!
    dolphin(20149): Attempt to use QAction "show_info_panel" with KXMLGUIFactory!
    dolphin(20149): Attempt to use QAction "show_folders_panel" with KXMLGUIFactory!
    dolphin(20149): Attempt to use QAction "show_terminal_panel" with KXMLGUIFactory!
    dolphin(20149): Attempt to use QAction "show_places_panel" with KXMLGUIFactory!
    dolphin(20149)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*): KSystemTimeZones: ktimezoned initialize() D-Bus call failed: "The name org.kde.kded was not provided by any .service files"

inspiron:~ # kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib64/kde4/libexec/klauncher
    kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/bin/kded4
    kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/bin/kbuildsycoca4
    kbuildsycoca4 running...

One more thing. With this still running, calling Dolphin from the menu as user root does work. So my question is, how can I get Dolphin to work from the menu, on it's own?

Default Re: Mis-behaving Dolphin

I too see this issue.
    Dolphin in super user mode also uses a crazy amount of cpu

Same basic error.

Open Dolphin with using icon provided under Applications - System - File Manager - File Manager - Super User Mode

"Could not start process Cannot talk to klauncher: The name org.kde.klauncher was not provided by any .service files."

Any help?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Relative View Post
    Same basic error.

Open Dolphin with using icon provided under Applications - System - File Manager - File Manager - Super User Mode

"Could not start process Cannot talk to klauncher: The name org.kde.klauncher was not provided by any .service files."

Any help?

Mike
    I see the bug has basically been fixed and is expected to be auto-updated in the next KDE4 bunch of patches. See https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=449056 as a reference.

Will await that fix.

Mike

Hi all. I think this related per dolphin: Can someone tell me how
    to increase the size of cache that dolphin uses?
    Thanks.
    rob <robhwill@yahoo.com>
    Registered Linux User #356732
    Have A Healthy, Prosperous Day! Leap-15.1_x86_64 -- KDE Plasma 5-5.55 / Lenovo M78-ThinkCentre / 12gb / 500gb / Radeon 8570D
    Kernel: Linux 4.12.14-lp151.28.32-default / Linux User #3567324

Blog Entries

Hi Rob, welcome to the forum. Please start a new thread, nobody is going to find your post this way (except for me )
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Thanks knurpht for info .. .. ..
    still looking for something to
    activate "post" option
    In any event...suse community rocks!
    ---rob
    Have A Healthy, Prosperous Day! Leap-15.1_x86_64 -- KDE Plasma 5-5.55 / Lenovo M78-ThinkCentre / 12gb / 500gb / Radeon 8570D
    Kernel: Linux 4.12.14-lp151.28.32-default / Linux User #3567324