Thread: Understanding Xen

Default Understanding Xen

Alright because of my little issue with virtualbox on my spare machine where I use a tripleboot of opensuse, ubuntu and XP I have installed Xen to see what it is like.
    But I cant get my head around it, firstly it asks me if I have an OS preinstalled (obviously I have one) or do I need to install one.
    I usually use a VM to test out new distros and such but the way Xen makes it look that if say I run Mandriva in Xen it will actually install mandriva for real.
    I am quite unsure of the info xen gives me, I looked around a bit for a guide but nothing really helpful.

Default Re: Understanding Xen

err help?
    It will be appreciated

Smile Re: Understanding Xen

Well,with my little knowledge,Xen is the not the most easiest Virtualization technology.But still,u can run a New distro(like Ubuntu (9.04) as Vm without installing it,if u have Cd/DVD which has the OS already installed it.Having said that,Even i`m struggling to build XEn manually in my computer(open suse 11.1)
    Regards
    "Linux is just like rivers...They follow their own routes and remain accessible to anyone.It is in the hands of public to keep it usable or unusable"