Thread: New Compiz Repositories

Default New Compiz Repositories

Hmmm... It seems that one click installing from the opensuse website has been changed for KDE. Not sure about GNOME's because I don't use Gnome but anyways...
    Compiz Fusion - openSUSE

It now installs a couple different repositories
    Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1
    Index of /repositories/X11:/XGL/openSUSE_11.1_KDE4_Factory
    Index of /update/11.1

instead of just this one
    Index of /repositories/X11:/XGL/openSUSE_11.1

Just thought I'd let people know, mostly because I tried to install compiz from the one click installer and it wouldn't work. Using the old repository got compiz up and running for me.
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

Default Re: New Compiz Repositories

I retested the installer and it works, but if you get no window decorations when you use compiz, there's something you have to do first.

First go to Personal Settings>Defaul Applications>Window Manager. Make sure it's set to Kwin.

Open up the CompizConfig Settings Manager (CCSM). Then go to the effects section and put a check next to Window Manager. Then click Window Manager and at the box that says Command, type:

emerald --replace

Then click back and close. Then go to Personal Settings>Default Applications>Window Manager. Choose compiz (not compiz custom). Apply and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps

Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM