problems deleting files--kio trash

Hi,

I am having problems deleting files. When I try to delete a file, my computer fan speeds up and my computer´s performance decreases. I did a ‘top’ and found that kio-trash was using a lot of the CPU. I then update all my KDE 4.2.1 repositories but the problem is still there. However, I am able to delete them with the command line.

I will appreciate any help. I am using SUSE 11.1

Thanks.

Are you using the Delete from the context menu, rather than move to wastebin? Try it.
Or hold SHIFT and do delete.

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I was using the delete bottom and immediately the kio-trash would start using a great % of the CPU. Dragging the files to the trash bin in Dolphin will do the same.

I tried using shift-delete and it worked, even though it took some seconds. I sometimes prefer to only use delete cause I once mistakenly erased(and lost) the wrong file. Using the terminal the file will be removed instantly.

I am concern because Dolphin used to be pretty fast at moving and deleting files. I think my problem started 2 weeks ago after I updated my KDE 4.2 repos.

I guess I will continue using shift-delete and be careful with the files I erase.

Thanks.

When you right click an item, does the menu show xdelete ? as an option.

You could try deleting (or re-name to _old) of the dolphin config files in the .kde4 folder. Or even go the whole hog and do the .kde4

If you do the rename from kde3 you can work from the UI.