Screensaver management.

Ok, Ok, call me shallow but one of the things I liked about openSuse when I first installed was the impressive (200 or so) collection of screensavers, set by default to randomly choose one every time the computer is left idle. Having now seen most of them. I would like to start to narrow the palette of available savers to those I like.
A google search told me they were held in a certain directory which does not exist.
I eventually found that they, or some components are called .ss files (obv, really!) and are held in:
/opt/kde3/share/applnk/System/ScreenSavers

Does anyone know what progam points to here? Is it kxsrun? If so, I have looked at kxsrun --help-all, but I can’t see how it chooses where to look for screensavers, or how it chooses them.
I would like to copy this folder, have the savers called from the copy and gradually delete the ones I don’t like.
Also, if possible it would be nice for the savers to display their name when running, to make the pruning easier…

No-one any clues?

Well I thought it was kscreensaver.

As for the other stuff well not really sure is it possible yeah I suspect so, you have kscreensaver gui, you should be able to preview them in there and trim them.

As for the other way well not really sure but suspect you’d have to hack each screensaver, though you may have an option in the gui.

I suspect what you could do is do a batch top grep out kscreensaver(I’m sure it is this, certainly was) I suspect that’ll have the path name attached to it or file name at least.

Then if all this is too much and kde doesn’t have a preview(Which I don’t believe) then think you’ll find xscreensaver is installed if so then you can append the kde screensavers to that menu at ~/.xscreensaver as so…
Add kde screensavers to xscreensaver - MEPIS Documentation Wiki