Thread: Downloading problems

Default Downloading problems

I seem to have problems everytime I try and download a package. I get this info...
    Error: IO:Failed to provide Package xerces-j2-xml-resolver-2.8.1-238.15. Do you want to retry retrieval?

[openSUSE 11.1-0|cd:///?devices=/dev/sr0,/dev/sr1] Can't provide file './suse/noarch/xerces-j2-xml-resolver-2.8.1-238.15.noarch.rpm' from repository 'openSUSE 11.1-0'
    History:
    - Can't copy /var/adm/mount/AP_0x00000003/suse/noarch/xerces-j2-xml-resolver-2.8.1-238.15.noarch.rpm to /var/cache/zypp/packages/openSUSE 11.1-0
    - Can't provide ./suse/noarch/xerces-j2-xml-resolver-2.8.1-238.15.noarch.rpm : Can't copy /var/adm/mount/AP_0x00000003/suse/noarch/xerces-j2-xml-resolver-2.8.1-238.15.noarch.rpm to /var/cache/zypp/packages/openSUSE 11.1-0

not just on this download but on most others it is getting annoying, especially as I have a Bandwidth.

Tony

Default Re: Downloading problems

It wants your DVD in the drive to install other dependencies.

Quote Originally Posted by brucecadieux View Post
    It wants your DVD in the drive to install other dependencies.
    Thats the problem, it is in the drive and its not seeing it. How can I get it not to ask for the disk and just get what it needs from the web? Having to get out the disk every 5 mins is a bit of a pain. But regardless of that it just isn't reading the disk. How does one resolve this? Thanks

Tony

You can add a source repository in Yast and disable the DVD.

You can see it done here.

Add Software Repositories

Thanks I will see if it has achieved the problem later.

Tony