Thread: Bottom Toolbar Gone Missing

chaddlly NNTP User

Cool Bottom Toolbar Gone Missing

I am a very new to Linux and opensuse 11. My toolbar at the bottom of my screen has up and left me. I still have the desktop Icons and everything, but when I go to minimize a screen, which normally would be placed on the toolbar, it just disappears. Also, when I try to open Kopte is says that KDE cannot open it. This all happened at the same time, so I don't know what is going on or how to fix it. It all worked fine a couple days ago. Is there a way to restore it to the way it was a week ago or no?? Like I said, I am extremely new to opensuse and need as much detail on how to fix as possible, as I have no clue what I did to create these problems. Thanks

Default Re: Bottom Toolbar Gone Missing

This normally means a Plasma crash and normally things return to normal when you next log in.

If you haven't already, it might be worth upgrading to KDE4.2.1 see KDE/KDE4 - openSUSE

chaddlly NNTP User

Default Re: Bottom Toolbar Gone Missing

I've rebooted a few times and still the same thing. I will try updating to KDE4 and see if that will work. Kinda frustrated with this, I've only had it for a week or so and am already having problems with it