Is Opensuse Application Developer Friendly Plateform ?

Is Opensuse an Application Developer Friendly Plateform ?

Well we use it as a master development platform at work.

I think that about wraps it up.

In total agreement with Chrysantine.

Yes, I totally agree. I have a lot of fun when my friends at the university are suffering while they are installing different compilers and DEs under MS. :slight_smile:

Yes. I use it for my C course at uni, and I didn’t have to mess about with installing gcc etc, just get KDevelop up and running (not like those poor people trying to get dev-cpp running on vista…).
:slight_smile:

I said yes, although there are still some application that run solely on windows.
For example our prefered tools here for oracle development was still Toad, which unfortunately does run only on windows. Yeah I know, there are Tora and SQL Developer, but still, nothing can’t beat Toad EDIT feature, yet.

Btw, just read this recently: 10 Linux and open source developer tools you should not overlook | 10 Things | TechRepublic.com

I`m only few months using suse and I totally agree Opensuse Application Developer Friendly Plateform.

It probably depends on your programming language. Java is a little weak: Eclipse and especially integration with SVN requires a bit of work to get running.

But when everything is set up the platform is no road block

I know it should be a no-brainer but does openSUSE get the latest versions of Mono and Monodevelop immediately or is it first pushed into SLED and then openSUSE gets it the same way as Fedora, Ubuntu, etc.?

My involvement speaks for this poll.

ego++; eh Jan >:)