Running kupdateapplet
Get message that new software is available. The software is glibc new version 545 and libmtp8 new version 374. They are in the repository repo-update.

If I try and load both of them, I get an error message "PackageKit Error dep-resolution-failed: patch:libmtp8-374.noarch conflicts with libmtp8.x86_64".

If I try and load just glibc I get an error message "PackageKit Error cannot-remove-system-package: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: error: package glibc-i18ndata-2.9-2.9.x86_64 is not installed".

If I try and load just libmtp8, I get the message "PackageKit Error cannot-remove-system-package: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: error: package libmtp8-0.3.4-1.12.x86_64 is not installed".

If I start YaST to install the updates manually, I am told that both updates are required. If I click on the the libmtp8 update it shows my installed version of libmtp8 is version 0.3.4-2.1. When I click on the glibc selection, it highlights glibc-devel version 2.9-2.11.1.

When I accept both updates (and nothing else) I get a message that :"Installation of package failed" and the details are (this is a copy and paste of the data):

---

Yes, nothing but three hyphens on the second line.
I get the same thing if I try either one of them alone.

If I disable the openSUSSE-11.1-Update repository, I am not told about the updates.

I have tried removing the specified packages (the glibc develop package also wanted to remove a bunch of other development packages as well, which I did). I am still told I need the packages, but now the glibc package highlights glibc-i18ndata (version 2.9-2.11.1), and the system wants to update libmtp8 (it still has the installed package as 0.3.4-1.12. If I accept that, I get the same uninformitive error message of two hyphens while removing glibc-i18ndata.

So I remove glibc-i18ndata, and next online update wants to install those two mysterious packages again.

My repositories are:
Priority │Enabled│Autorefresh│Name │
20 │ x │ x │openSUSE-11.1-Update │
99 (Default)│ x │ │openSUSE 11.1-0 │
99 (Default)│ x │ x │home:MasterPatricko │
99 (Default)│ x │ x │Packman repository (openSUSE_11.1)│
99 (Default)│ x │ x │Open Office Factory │
99 (Default)│ x │ x │Open Office Extras │
99 (Default)│ x │ x │Open Office │
99 (Default)│ x │ x │Mozilla │
99 (Default)│ x │ x │Mono │
99 (Default)│ x │ x │KDE Qt │
99 (Default)│ │ x │KDE QT Factory │
99 (Default)│ x │ x │KDE 4 Extra │
99 (Default)│ x │ x │KDE 4 │
99 (Default)│ x │ x │KDE 3 Opensuse │
99 (Default)│ x │ x │KDE3 Core │
99 (Default)│ x │ x │Java │
100 │ x │ x │openSUSE-11.1-Debug │
100 │ x │ x │openSUSE-11.1-Non-Oss │
│100 │ x │ x │openSUSE-11.1-Oss │
│100 │ │ x │openSUSE-11.1-Source │
│120 │ │ x │Nvidia drivers │
│120 │ x │ x │Google │
150 │ │ x │emulators │
151 │ │ x │Video Lan

So what can I do to either correctly load these two packages, or at least get the update program to stop bothering me about them so I can get my other updates.