Duplicate entire Linux Installation

Hi,

I am in the process of installing OpenSUSE 11.0, accessing several Netware servers using Netware client for Linux. We run several mission critical DOS applications (Foxpro2 Lan and Wordstar 7.0 LAN) and, to complicate matters, we also use MS Office 2000 under Wine. So far, I am quite happy with my progress in getting everything working, although my knowledge of Linux is limited, it is growing.

Once I have my machine all set up, I would like to duplicate it to the other machines in the office, my goal being to get rid of Windows entirely. It has taken numerous (hundreds) of hours to set everything up.

How do I copy the installation over to another machine? I am hoping I can move it over, then change login names, passwords, drive mappings, and go…

Thanks
Alan
:slight_smile:

Hi
I’ve heard clonezilla is pretty good.
http://clonezilla.org/

That being said, hopefully all your hardware (network, gpu, etc) and
architecture is the same on all the machines?

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (i586) Kernel 2.6.27.15-2-default
up 9:42, 1 user, load average: 0.21, 0.10, 0.18
GPU GeForce 6600 TE/6200 TE - Driver Version: 180.35

AutoYAST, I would have left the reply at that but wasn’t allowed to by the forum software. Requires at least 10 characters to post a reply.

Of course I have different machines so the hardware will be different. I am much more concerned with the software settings that have taken so much time to master. So, autoyast will duplicate the settings somehow?

I’ve only tried Clonezilla for single machine cloning
(a long time ago) and had successful results. It is
steadily developed and is able to multicast from one
machine to the rest. Try contacting the guys developing
it, to give you some hints on how to do it…