Thread: vsftpd with Imagistics 5520 Scanner

Smile vsftpd with Imagistics 5520 Scanner

Hi,

I don't know if I'm in the right forum, but I think I have a software issue. The vendor is useless -- Windows only. I am using openSUSE 11.0.

I have vsftpd set up fine - works 100% within our intranet to send and receive files from other stations. I want my scanner, which is a standalone copier/scanner, an Imagistics 5520 (same as a Minolta DI552) to send the scan to my ftp server. I have the scanner set up to send it to the proper IP address, using remote port #21. I am not sure, however, whether to check the box which asks for "Use Proxy". Seems to be the same result either way.

I am having the scans sent to the following directory. I set up an "ftp" directory in my home: /home/admin/ftp

I have vsftpd set up to take passwords and I have the scanner set up to enter the password and user name. Checked and double checked.

Anyone see anything obvious here? I've been driving myself crazy for 2 days and cannot get it to work.

Thanks
    Alan

Default Re: vsftpd with Imagistics 5520 Scanner

* ostrowlaw,

so if you use command line ftp with the same user the scanner uses, it works?
    Anything in the logs when the scanner tries to send?
    Else take a LAN trace.

Uwe

Right, I can use a web browser, type in ftp:// with the address, login withe username, password and I can upload and download, works just fine.

Blog Entries

Run a sniffer like wireshark or the venerable tcpdump. No use enumerating all the ways it works with other stuff; you need to see why it doesn't work for the scanner.