Adobe CS4 Master Suite for Linux?

Hey guys… obviously I couldn´t find the Adobe CS4 Master Package on adobe.com. Now to clarify this: Is this package available?

Thanks for telling! :wink:

TheMask.***

Already 77 views - and no single ANSWER!
What´s freakin´ wrong with you guys?

TheMask.

There are no packages from adobe except flash player and adobe AIR. So, forget about native photoshop and fireworks for linux. However if you install wine package through yast you should be able to install windows package of Adobe CS4 (I dont know if it will work).

Whats wrong with your post? Why so critical on an MS Windows application? Especially given this is a LINUX FORUM !

Maybe no one knows the answer for an MS Windows application, where this is a Linux forum.

I don’t use MS-Windows at home. I have not since 1998. So what is “Adobe cS4” ? Why do you assume Linux users would know what “CS” stands for? By “Adobe CS4” do you mean Adobe Creative Suite?

If so, then check out wine:
WineHQ - Adobe Creative Suite Setup CS4

From what I know, Wine will not be able to start the latest version of any Adobe Software installed on Windows. What I mean by that is: Since the last version is Creative Suite 4(I personally have the master collection on my Vista.), you will be able to get CS2 working with wine. When I get back hone, I’ll try running CS4 with wine, but it should not work, from what they say.

I got Photoshop CS4 to install with wine but it wouldn’t run. It runs brilliantly in virtualbox, of course.

Thanks guys. Great so many anwers came together. And for oldcpu: because I have been searching for something similar.
I already found some stuff, but it certainly doesn´t have all the “capabilities” the Creative Suite has.

Thanks anyway.

TheMask.

TheMask,

I have noticed that in a majority of your post, that you come off as rude, impatient and just plain arrogant. I would like to point out, that while the openSUSE community forums, are a great resource for information, and many people here can and will help you, we are not here solely for the purpose of answering your question within some kind of “timeframe” that you have decided upon.

If you want premium support, that is, on demand support, I know that Novel offers such services, at a premium price. Unless you decide to do that, I would suggest you become a lot nicer when you decide to post in a volunteer community and ask for help. You just might find yourself on a lot of people’s ignore list.

Oldcpu was exactly right in his reply to you, Your asking about Adobe products, meant to run in a windows environment, in a Linux Distribution forum. Microsoft products running natively on Linux, really has nothing to do with openSUSE. Had you done just a little bit of research, you would have been able to find the solution to this problem VERY easily via a LARGE number of Google inquiries. In fact, You can type in “Windows Programs Linux” or “Photoshop Linux”, and come up with your information.

I made the switch from Windows to linux, about 2 years ago now. It provided many hours of learning, frustration, and successful moments. None of those moments required me to come “demand and insist” for answers, on the openSUSE forums.

However, being that this IS a help forum, I will provide some advice. The first of that advice being, WineHQ - Run Windows applications on Linux, BSD and Mac OS X. Learn it, love it, read it. The AppDB has a listing of virtually every app you could think of, as well as information on how, and IF they will run on Linux.

The Second part of that advice is, if you absolutely CANNOT live without your Windows Application, I suggest you look into VirtualBox. VirtualBox is a VirtualMachine application, which allows you to install MS Windows, and run it as an “application” inside of your Linux Distribution. This would allow you to run native Windows applications, on your Linux desktop.

I believe you owe the nice people of the openSUSE community, an apology for your behavior.

CynicalPride

Take a deeep breath, man. I may come off rude to YOU, but thats certainly not what I mean to project in the forum. As I try to help everyone as best I can in here too, I don’t see the point of your huge post above.

To tell the truth: I don’t believe that you’ve even read a glimpse of the posts I’ve written so far. If you still think your accusement is true, please list those posts and quote the “rudeness” in them for me, would ya? ^^

Guess what - I don’t owe the world NOTHIN’. Thanks for caring though… rotfl!

TheMask.

Dude chill out! You can run adobe apps up to cs2 with wine.
For the latest stuff you need a virtual machine or windows.
Check out the link in my signature

Geoff

Thanks geoffro, I really appreciate your help. :wink:

TheMask.

Hello I am a web developer.
My main work is to create web pages.
My tools are Html, Javascript, Asp.net, IIS, Sql server 2005 adobe photoshop, adobe fireworks.

I am seeking an alternative solution so I can work on another OS platform like Suse or redhat or ubundu don’t realy care.

So I made a research in order to find this alternative solution so I can alter my tools.
Html javascript stays as they are.
Asp.net can be replaced with jsp and the terrific tool eclipse. I would rather take your advice here in what should be a nice environment for JSP.
Php is a very nice alternative solution also.

Sql server can be really replaced by mysql, I love mysql and I have worked with it in the past. Also I think for the web development community, mysql is the best solution even for someone working with windows. That’s my opinion always.

So as I have solutions for alternative software I find my self trapped without knowing how to replace photoshop and fireworks.
I need alternative solutions in these platforms.
Could you please give me some advise?

I don’t want to install wine on my OS because i want to use linux! why should i install linux and have a whole on my disc for windows? isn’t it ironical?

I want to work entirely on a linux platform. As I think more about my addiction on windows it pisses me of.
So if I cant work with I adobe on linux !! so what?, but is there any other software that is similar to these tools?

themhz wrote:

>
> Hello I am a web developer.
> My main work is to create web pages.
> My tools are Html, Javascript, Asp.net, IIS, Sql server 2005 adobe
> photoshop, adobe fireworks.
>
> I am seeking an alternative solution so I can work on another OS
> platform like Suse or redhat or ubundu don’t realy care.
>
> So I made a research in order to find this alternative solution so I
> can alter my tools.
> Html javascript stays as they are.
> Asp.net can be replaced with jsp and the terrific tool eclipse. I would
> rather take your advice here in what should be a nice environment for
> JSP.
> Php is a very nice alternative solution also.
>
> Sql server can be really replaced by mysql, I love mysql and I have
> worked with it in the past. Also I think for the web development
> community, mysql is the best solution even for someone working with
> windows. That’s my opinion always.
>
> So as I have solutions for alternative software I find my self trapped
> without knowing how to replace photoshop and fireworks.
> I need alternative solutions in these platforms.
> Could you please give me some advise?
>
> I don’t want to install wine on my OS because i want to use linux! why
> should i install linux and have a whole on my disc for windows? isn’t it
> ironical?
>
> I want to work entirely on a linux platform. As I think more about my
> addiction on windows it pisses me of.
> So if I cant work with I adobe on linux !! so what?, but is there any
> other software that is similar to these tools?
>
>
As far as I know the most mature image editing software for Linux is GIMP
(see http://www.gimp.org/). Personally I’ve never had to do anything to an
image that I wasn’t able to do with it. Of course I’m not a designer.
GIMP is available to install through Yast.

kev.

themhz wrote:

> I want to work entirely on a linux platform. As I think more about my
> addiction on windows it pisses me of.
> So if I cant work with I adobe on linux !! so what?, but is there any
> other software that is similar to these tools?
I am did not know what you are doing with ps but I’m draw icons, userbars,
logos and other stuff entirely in inkscape
some gif-animation can be made with inkscape+gimp+ gimp animation
there some other free bitmap editors in linux like krita and maybe others,
but personally as for me I prefer gimp
in near future we can see great single document interfaced gimp :slight_smile:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2483/3983360826_5b78e9c786.jpg

WBR

I really thank you for spending time on answering my questions.
I think gimp will be fine.

I have the simplest solution for you. Get a linux version of either VMWare Workstation or VMWare Player. Create a Windows Virtual Machine, once Windows is installed in the VM (Virtual Machine) install Adobe CS4 or CS5 if you have it. I find it easier to run the VM in Unity mode so you can use all the applications as if it is part of your linux system. Message me if you need any help with this. The benefit of this also is that you can move your widows VM to any system that has one of the two programs above so you can move your Adobe Series to any system you choose. From your laptop on the go then move it to your desktop when your home. Keep it on an external drive and you don’t have to worry about losing data as long as you maintain the virtual machine.