Thread: OOo crashes after closing Find/Replace window

Unhappy OOo crashes after closing Find/Replace window

Hi list,
    I installed new Opensuse 11.1 from gnome livecd and have following problem. When I use Find/Replace tool in Openoffice, OOo always crashes after closing this window. I looked in xsession errors and found this:

Varování správce oken: Neplatné okno
    (Window manager warning: Invalid window)
    WM_TRANSIENT_FOR 0x5800050 specifikováno pro 0x5801985 (OpenOffice).
    Varování správce oken: Buggy client sent a _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW message with a timestamp of 0 for 0x5801985 (OpenOffice)
    Varování správce oken: meta_window_activate called by a pager with a 0 timestamp; the pager needs to be fixed.

I do not know if this is realted with the problem, but maybe ...
    Does anybody have an idea, where is the problem?

PS: I use OOo 3 - version from the livecd, only installed czech langpack, thesaurus and such tools (instead czech help because of slow connection)

Computer: HP 550 laptop, Intel Celeron, 1GB ram, 160 GB HDD, Intel Media Accelerator GMA X3100

Default Re: OOo crashes after closing Find/Replace window

Haven't had this problem, so I'm guessing. You may try to update Openoffice from Additional YaST Package Repositories - openSUSE

It's also possible that something is missing from the GUI components. Try to change the OOo dialogs from GTK to OOo native here:
    Tools -> Options -> OpenOffice.org -> General.
    Here under the Open/Save dialogs check out the option: Use OpenOffice.org dialogs.
    Hope that helps.
    http://mydailyhash.wordpress.com/
    http://yami.googlecode.com/

Thanks,
    we updated OOo from the additional Opensuse repo and also installed JRE and now it seems to be OK.