Thread: KSanpshot does not autostart

Default KSanpshot does not autostart

Hi,

Toile Libre | Hbergement d'images

I don't have this option "Preset Action" in systemsettings which permit to define KSnapshot as the default snapshot's program, and I think that's the reason why nothing happens when I press the key PrintScreen.

What's the way to make it appear in this menu ? I tried to create this manually, but it seems to bug when I give a name to subentry.

Thanks
    OpenSuse 11.1 - KDE 4.2.0 "release 100" - 2.6.27.7-9-default - Intel Pentium 4 3 GHz - Asus P4P800 SE - 1Go DDR SDRAM - ATI Radeon 9600 SERIES - Creative EMU10K1SB Live Audio Processor - 802.11g PCI Wireless Network Adapter - Samsung Syncmaster 931BW

Default Re: KSanpshot does not autostart

Did you assign Ksnapshot a shortcut key in Menu Editor?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chyrania View Post
    Did you assign Ksnapshot a shortcut key in Menu Editor?
    Ditto. That is the solution. Right click menu button and find ksnapshot and edit to assign key. SAVE
    Last edited by caf4926; 07-Mar-2009 at 14:37. Reason: add
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

It seems there's a conflict with Hotkeys, that's the message if I try to assign the key PrintScreen to KSnapShot in Kmenueditor
    OpenSuse 11.1 - KDE 4.2.0 "release 100" - 2.6.27.7-9-default - Intel Pentium 4 3 GHz - Asus P4P800 SE - 1Go DDR SDRAM - ATI Radeon 9600 SERIES - Creative EMU10K1SB Live Audio Processor - 802.11g PCI Wireless Network Adapter - Samsung Syncmaster 931BW

Just ignore the conflict and let KSnapshot have the printscreen key.

Fine

I had to restart the session because kickoff was off (don't know why) but it works well now

Please just two questions :

- is it normal that in Kickoff > apps > utilities > desktop I have two Ksnapshots : Ksnapshot and Ksnapshot/KDE3 ?
    - any one else had the same problem, I mean this conflict with hotkeys, and had to reassign the key (is it a bug, does it depends of a special configuration... ?)

Thanks

Most likely you have kde4 KSnapshot and kde3 KSnapshot. I gather kde3 apps are included if there are issues with the kde4 versions.