x-nautilus-desktop could not be found

Im getting this message at start up sometimes:

x-nautilus-desktop could not be found. perhaps it has recently been deleted.

When I get this my trash can and username folder will not show on my desktop. Also the loading mousing cursor will not go away when I have it on the desktop. If its on a window it will go away. How do I fix this? I went into root and did: “-r (location of the Opensuse and help icon on the desktop)”
I did this to get rid of those icons and this problem started after I ran that command.

bump.

anyway I can replace these icons/directory?

Hi

Have the same issues, any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi, guys. I had this problem too and I solved it :slight_smile: U can delete any data, but DON’T TOUCH folders:) so… Create two new folders on Desktop or as you wish and then copy to this location /usr/share/dist
Folders names: desktop-files and icons
in terminal it’ll look like this:
name@linux-qa35:~> su
Password:
linux-qa35:/home/name # cp -r /home/your_name/Desktop/icons /usr/share/dist
linux-qa35:/home/aen # cp -r /home/your_name/Desktop/desktop-files /usr/share/dist

This either does nothing or I don’t understand what you mean. You seem to be asking us to create these folders on the desktop and then copy them to that location, but what does that accomplish? I tried it anyway, and just as I suspected, it does nothing at all except to place two empty directories in two places. This bug is extremely annoying. Anyone opensuse or gnome devs out there listening to us? Did I mention this is extremely annoying?

One way to “fix” it is to create a whole new user account and copy over all the data, and then spend hours getting the desktop to look and feel the way it used to. Fun solution!:\