Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knetworkmanager not working

Default Knetworkmanager not working

I have a got a very peciular problem since the last few days. I have installled my openSUSE 11.1 four times in the last four days. All because my "knetworkmanager" all of a sudden stops working and I do not why!

Everything is work but when I reboot by laptop, "knetworkmanager" does not start. The "workoffline" option in firefox in this case should have been "tick marked" but it is not. And I do not know how to get my networkmanager working again.

I try system repair with opensuse dvd but it does not help. I have to reinstall everything again.

What I am doing is - I install opensuse 11.1 KDE 4.1 version. After that I install monodevelop, sqldeveloper, oracle 11g and few other softwares and create a .bashrc file. The contents of .bashrc file are:

test -z "$PROFILEREAD" && . /etc/profile || true

test -s ~/.alias && . ~/.alias || true
    alias lis='ls -lAtr';
    alias his=history;
    alias list='lis | tail -20';
    alias lise='ps -Af | grep vivek | grep -v grep';
    alias PWD=pwd;
    alias cls=clear;
    alias gcw='gcc -w';
    export projects=$HOME/Projects;
    export PATH=$PWD:$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin;
    alias prj='cd $projects';
    #Some people don't like fortune. If you uncomment the following lines,
    # you will have a fortune each time you log in ;-)

if [ -x /usr/bin/fortune ] ; then
    echo
    /usr/bin/fortune
    echo
    fi

I am really afraid to do anything on my system now becasue I do not know what wrong am I doing. And I do not know how to get my knetworkmanager working. On the top of it if I cannot connect to web I will not be able to find any solutions either...

Please help...

STS301 NNTP User

Default Re: Knetworkmanager not working

go YAST --> Network --> Networksettings --> normal mode with ifup --> go to the interface and set the settings

Quote Originally Posted by STS301 View Post
    go YAST --> Network --> Networksettings --> normal mode with ifup --> go to the interface and set the settings
    Thanks for the replying. You mean "traditional method with ifup" ?. I do not want to do anything wrong becasue I do not know too much

STS301 NNTP User

knetworkmanager is sometimes making strange things.
    the method with ifup is, that you can use for WLAN/LAN and other configuration.

Do you use LAN or WLAN ?

Quote Originally Posted by STS301 View Post
    knetworkmanager is sometimes making strange things.
    the method with ifup is, that you can use for WLAN/LAN and other configuration.

Do you use LAN or WLAN ?
    I use LAN. I assume WLan means a wireless connection. I am using a a broadband connection with wire.

By the way is there a method to know why Knteworkmanager is working in a strange way? So that atleast we can know the reason

STS301 NNTP User

I don't know one, maybe in a logfile

Quote Originally Posted by vendetta18 View Post
    Thanks for the replying. You mean "traditional method with ifup" ?. I do not want to do anything wrong becasue I do not know too much
    You have said "go to the interface and set the settings". I changed the settings to ""traditional method with ifup". But it only changed the icons for knetwormanager. What interface should I go to now. Sorry if I being annoying but I do not know that much about computers and I am learning things

STS301 NNTP User

next to the global options there are the interfaces, click edit to set the netmask,.. in WLAN the router etc..

You mean to add my IP manually? I know my IP but what will be my subnet mask and hostname?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast