Update to new KDE 4.2 my screen is black now?

I went to KDE forum and ask the Question to many days ago still can get no answer from them.
But I went another web side ask the same question and make a good friend there I told him I will give 2 more days and I will reinstall it.

Okay serious stuff now is when I installed Suse11.1 I upadted to kde4.13 after that I add few repositories and update to 4.2.x.
At that time I upgrade Nvidia to 180.29 and kde4.2.x at the same time,when I log out or restart my computer and went back to KDE4 my screen is blank/black.

Please is there one of you can give me hand and solved the problem;).

Thank you for all in the past for helping me outlol!

Michael

Obvious suggestion is to create a new user account and see if that is affected too.

That would narrow it down a bit…

That is very good idea and I can go to root way because it is working I believe.
I will let you and others know if it works.:wink:
Well I hope it works.I will try these week.

Thank you for the tiplol!

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

If it works, you have to weigh up how hard it is to transfer all your stuff from the old account to the new, versus how hard it is to track down the bug in the old account.

Fixing the old account may be as simple as renaming your ~/.kde4 directory and letting it make you a new one when you log back in, but being unstable software, it also may well not be.

If you don’t have a lot installed, and assuming the new account works, just copy your stuff from the old one to the new one and say bye-bye bug!

It’s hardly a purist’s solution, but heck, it works. :wink:

Okay I have nothing to copy that is best funrotfl! and second is no fun:'( I know in Suse10.2 but it change a few thing,so I ask you please be so kind can you give hand and show me the way how to make a new user account.

Please can you help me out,oooh I can use KDE4 root only(suse11.1)

Thank you for your excellent help.

1michael1 adjusted his/her tinfoil beanie to write:

> Okay I have nothing to copy that is best funrotfl! and second is no
> fun:’( I know in Suse10.2 but it change a few thing,so I ask you
> please be so kind can you give hand and show me the way how to make a
> new user account.

just use Yast>Security and Users>Add a new user, after logout you should
be able to login under the new user with a completely fresh start with
KDE.

HTH

Mark

Nil illegitimi carborundum

Thanks and I was in there couldnt found it now you told click on add or edit there you ,:O Im so :shame:.
Well it`s happen

Thnk you for giving me help

Michael

lol! Hey we got a very good team everyone solved my problem 85% here and special in the thread Update to new KDE 4.2 my screen is black now?helping me is Confuseling and baskitcaise I`ll thank you to solve 85% of that Problem.

My new thread will callWhen I log in everything is so slow it takes forever.rotfl!:wink:

Thank you for solving that threatrotfl!.

Michael

Good that it worked. :slight_smile: Little tip though - posting in very vibrant colours can make text extremely hard to read on some monitors, and it’s generally considered politer not to.

sure thank you and I do like be polite

This threat Re: Update to new KDE 4.2 my screen is black now? is solved rotfl!