Thread: Kile for 4.2,auto-mount, font, log in

potac NNTP User

Default Kile for 4.2,auto-mount, font, log in

Hi ,
    I installed new system from OS 11.1 KDE 4.2 liveCD weeks ago and I like it a lot. But just a few questions.
    1. I have installed Kile. It is only KDE 3 version available in official reps. I cannot see terminal window there. Then I suppose to add some more KDE 3 packages to run it correctly. Do you know whether there is any Kile for KDE 4 package available in opensuse reps? Or, is is comming soon?
    2. I use external USB HDD. But after system start-up and running Amarok, the drive is not mounted. I have to use the device manager to open it in Dolphin, and then I can play some songs. Any hint to make the mounting done automaticaly?
    3. It is probably because of wrong loading theme. But I would like to have the same log-in screen as in official OS11.1 DVD. I was trying to change it but no success.
    4. The last problem I have had, occurs when I start Anasys.Fluent. The application seems running fine but the toolbars consists of dotted rectangulars instead of FILE etc. Do you know how to fix this, please?

Thank you! Jan

Default Re: Kile for 4.2,auto-mount, font, log in

Hi,

I can only help you with point 1: currently kile is not ported to kde4 that are the bad news but the porting progress has already started SourceForge.net: KileForKDE4 - kile. In the meanwhile you can have a look at Texmaker : Free LaTeX Editor which is from some of the initial kile developers and is very similar to kile because of that.

Hope this helps