Thread: Minimizing Application Causes Problem

Default Minimizing Application Causes Problem

Hello,

I must have inadvertently changed a setting somewhere!

When an application is active and maximized it shows in the as a iconic representation in the desktop panel (usually use 4 desktops are available) at the bottom of the screen in the panel.
    When I minimize the application all 4 desktops are just blank (there is no longer any icon). The problem being there is no indication that an application is running other than selecting the desktop and flipping through
    ALT + TAB.

Can someone be as kind as to point me to something on how to change the behavior so that there is at least a visual representation that there is an application running in the background.

I am using KDE/Compiz

Thanks for your time
    Qu1nn
    Pentium D 820, 2.80GHz, Intel D945PSN ATX, PowerColor Radeon HD7870, Geil DDR2, (1GB x 2) Dual Channel 667MHz Suse 13.2, KDE
    Haswell i4771, 3.5GHz, Asus Z87-WS ATX, Club3d R9 280X RoyalQueen, Corsair 8GBx2, Corsair AX860 PS, openSuse 13.1, KDE

Default Re: Minimizing Application Causes Problem

couple questions...do you have the 'panel' at the bottom (or side, top) of your desktop?

is there a task manager (I think this is what it's called) 'widget' on the panel? if not, add it by right clicking on the panel and choosing add widget.

mm0

P.S. This advice is making the assumption that by 'desktop panel' in your original post, you mean the four small squares that represent the 4 desktops.
    Dell 1720 Laptop | Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz | 4 GB Ram
    Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter | 180.27 Nvidia driver | 1920 X 1200 Resolution
    2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal | 1 X 160 GB HD External
    Using openSUSE 11.1 | KDE 4.2