Thread: Flash in Opera

Default Flash in Opera

Hi,

ever since 'upgrading' to 11.1, Flash in 64-bit Firefox doesn't work with the wrapper. So my solution is to use 32-bit Opera for swf content, instead. But, Flash doesn't work in Opera either!

JavaScript is turned on, and Flash seems to be listed in the path. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Flash in Opera

Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Blog Entries

What ver. of opera are you using. You need the latest QT version.
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    What ver. of opera are you using. You need the latest QT version.
    Opera version 9.63-1.1 is installed, which is the newest in the update repo. I just updated all the existing QT components, but is there anything in particular that needs to be there?

Thanks again.

you said its the 64 bit so try flash 10 64bit (its alpha but it has never crashed my browser like 32bit did)

Install native 64bit Flash Player 10 on Linux - My Science Is Better

it has an opensuse script (it says for 11 but it still works with 11.1). and if you run the script it removes your current flash, downloads and installs the new one.

and then to get it in opera, go tools->preference->advanced tab->content->plug-in options and then search for plugins, and youre set

A 64-bit Flash Player It's about time! I just wish both 32- and 64-bit versions could be installed simultaneously. That way, if one fails under given circumstances (which is usually the case), then I could just switch browsers and use the other. But I guess I have to choose...

Maybe I should first get 32-bit working in Opera. I tried searching for plugins from the Content tab, but it returned nothing. Here's the path:

Code:
    /usr/lib/opera/plugins:/usr/lib64/browser-plugins:/usr/lib/browser-plugins:/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins:/usr/bin
    Still unsure about which QT version is required.

the Qt version doesnt matter, and on x64 the Qt4 version isnt exactly all there, so the qt3 version is fine, which if its opera 9.xx is what it is, as for the 32bit id say go into the software management under yast and reinstall the flash-plugin , if not, just give the 64bit a go. i know ive been using it since it was released a couple months ago and i wouldnt want to go back.

Thanks. I reinstalled both Opera and Flash, but it didn't do the trick. Needless to say, this really sucks. I appreciate your suggestion to try 64-bit Flash...still fixating on this, though.

Glad I didn't get rid of my WinXP box, or I'd be without video

kfar NNTP User

Thumbs up Re: Flash in Opera

Very respectfully, i would like to suggest a halfway position between (no Flash in Linux browsing) and (booting Windows).

Download target vids with Pytube in Linux, watch many times from hard drive with no repeated use of bandwidth. Even choose storage format.

SuseGeek says "Packman hosts a 1-click install YaST Metapackage file for PyTube to install on openSUSE 11.0". i wouldn't know, but that doesn't quite sound like 11.1 to me.

Pytube ran ok on spouse's Hardy 64, but i've not run it on my own 32bit Suse11.1 . With my own downloaded (b&w!) copy of Peter Green's "Oh Well", i can die happy!