Thread: YaST 2 Installation Source Missing

Default YaST 2 Installation Source Missing

When I go into YaST2 Installation Source section it doesn't show any installation source. It use to have the DVD listed. When I try to exit out of the Installation Source section YaST2 just hangs and I can't get it to exit out.

How can I add back in the installation source if I am unable to get the Installation Source section of yast to work properly?

Default Re: YaST 2 Installation Source Missing

I believe I found the problem as to why it locks up.

It appears that an installation source was trying to be added but it didn't finish adding it properly. I found in /var/adm/YaST/InstSrcManager/IS_CACHE_0x00000002/ the files for the second source but it is missing the file in /var/adm/YaST/InstSrcManager/IS_CACHE_0x00000002/DESCRIPTION/description that describes it.

Can I just delete the IS_CACHE_0x00000002/ directory or will that not remove the installation source entirely?

By the way this is a SuSE 10.0 installation.

Default Re: YaST 2 Installation Source Missing

Quote Originally Posted by alanatdsi View Post
    I believe I found the problem as to why it locks up.

It appears that an installation source was trying to be added but it didn't finish adding it properly. I found in /var/adm/YaST/InstSrcManager/IS_CACHE_0x00000002/ the files for the second source but it is missing the file in /var/adm/YaST/InstSrcManager/IS_CACHE_0x00000002/DESCRIPTION/description that describes it.

Can I just delete the IS_CACHE_0x00000002/ directory or will that not remove the installation source entirely?

By the way this is a SuSE 10.0 installation.
    I deleted the IS_CACHE_0x00000002/ folder and it's working now.