Thread: PLZ HELP: SUSE 11.1 DVD wont run on my laptop

feeling2hot NNTP User

Default PLZ HELP: SUSE 11.1 DVD wont run on my laptop

hi,
    i have a LG E500 laptop....the problem is that i started the linux class last week and the teacher asked us to install the SUSE11.1 ... he provided cds to the whole class...
    the problem was that i cludnt install it, even though the whole class did.... as i had windows vista at that time so i thought its not allowing it to be installed, so i installed windows xp proffesional now...but still its not getting a head of that green screen....
    problem:::
    it do boot from the cd
    i could even chose the keyboard layout and language
    but when i say install it runs for a few seconds and as the suse installing screen with the status bar showing the installing status ... it jams there ... the bar shows tht it doesnt even start any thing ... please help me... because i have to be way behind if i am not able to install it in the next 2 days ....

Blog Entries

Default Re: PLZ HELP: SUSE 11.1 DVD wont run on my laptop

Quote Originally Posted by feeling2hot View Post
    it do boot from the cd
    i could even chose the keyboard layout and language
    but when i say install it runs for a few seconds and as the suse installing screen with the status bar showing the installing status ... it jams there ... the bar shows tht it doesnt even start any thing ...
    If you have not done so yet, when the initiall "openSUSE Installer" menu appears (with the various install options), select to do a "Check Installation Media". If it fails that check, then you obtained a bad CD.

Also, if the media is ok, and if a normal boot fails, then in that same menu, press F5 (Kernel Default) and try either:
    * No ACPI,or
    * No local APIC, or
    * Safe Settings .

Also, what are the specifications of the PC that you are trying to boot from / install this on ? If your PC has significantly less than 1 GByte of RAM, you may need to take some special precautions to ensure the installation from a live CD is successful.

feeling2hot NNTP User

Smile Re: PLZ HELP: SUSE 11.1 DVD wont run on my laptop

thanks alot ... it helped by changing the kernel setings from default to the others..........really appreciate..........thanxxxxxxxxxxxxx