Thread: Plasma Error

Exclamation Plasma Error

The Error I get is:

Error launching /home/michaelKanada/Desktop/konsole.desktop. Either KLauncher is not running anymore, or it failed to start the application

Could one of you please give me hand and helping me out to correct it.

Will be nice and kind from you.

Thanx again

Mike

Exclamation Re: Plasma Error

That is the error I get:

A Fatal Error Occurred
    The application Plasma Workspace (plasma) crashed and caused the signal 11 (SIGSEGV).
    Please help us improve the software you use by filing a report at http://bugs.kde.org. Useful details include how to reproduce the error, documents that were loaded, etc.

Please could you help me out

Default Re: Plasma Error

I'm assuming this error occurs when you boot your pc and load your desktop. If it does, do you have a konsole icon on your desktop?

Exclamation Re: Plasma Error

Quote Originally Posted by chyrania View Post
    I'm assuming this error occurs when you boot your pc and load your desktop. If it does, do you have a konsole icon on your desktop?
    When I`m start up my computer everything is okay except when I open the Konsole in about 10-20 second later,Error window show up:
    usually I read?.

Sorry - Plasma Workspace

Error launching /home/michaelKanada/Desktop/konsole.desktop. Either KLauncher is not running anymore, or it failed to start the application

So that is all the time when I use Konsole.
    The other one when I open the Konsole and close the Konsole in 2 second I get that kind of error:

Sorry - Plasma Workspace

KDEInit could not launch '/opt/kde3/bin/konsole'.

I know there is something wrong or is it something missing?

Thank you for helping me.

Michael

There must be someone of you know to fix the problem

What level of suse and kde are you using? I get plasma crashes every once in awhile that I can't explain. But, plasma restarts itself in a few seconds. So, it is an annoyance but not a show-stopper.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Prexy View Post
    What level of suse and kde are you using? I get plasma crashes every once in awhile that I can't explain. But, plasma restarts itself in a few seconds. So, it is an annoyance but not a show-stopper.
    I`m using Suse 11.1 kde 4.2 and may Kde4.2 screwed up my screen,my screen is black.Look for a new thread

Thumbs up Re: Plasma Error

I update my KDE$ 4.1.3 --->KDE4.2.1 and I have no problem with the plasma.

Thank you all who try to help me and I appreciate for your time.

I don't know if it is nice to bump a two years old thread but I have similar issue since I updated the kernel...
    Now sometimes (not all the time) the applications launched from the kde panel are slow to be launched and sometimes I got this message

Code:
    Error launching /usr/share/applications/YaST.desktop Either KLauncher is not running anymore or it failed to launch the application
    ...but the application is launched anyway...

When Firefox launched in one or two seconds before the kernel update, it takes sometimes 8 or 10 seconds to launch... this is the only application that the time for launching has changed so brutaly... the other applications seem to launch normally...

I'm working with a 11.4 openSuSE, with kde 4.6.00 (release 6)...
    The kernel is 2.6.37.6-0.20-desktop