Thread: How to get my taskbar back?

Default How to get my taskbar back?

Hi

I accidentally removed my task-bar from openSUSE(version 11.1 KDE 4.1).

Can anyone tell me how to get my task-bar back??

Thanks in advance...

Default Re: How to get my taskbar back?

if u have got locked widgets first unlock them and then right click on a panel -> Add widgets -> Task manager
    and it's it.

Thanks man..

I got the task-bar, but how am I supposed to get the task-bar which was there when I installed my openSUSE??

As a last resort you can delete the .kde or .kde4 folder from your home directory, log out then back in (will act like a first login to the gui). The only problem with this is that you will need to set your desktop back up the way you had it before.

Quote Originally Posted by RCCrouch View Post
    As a last resort you can delete the .kde or .kde4 folder from your home directory, log out then back in (will act like a first login to the gui). The only problem with this is that you will need to set your desktop back up the way you had it before.
    Did that buddy. I lost every thing and the task-bar is still not there??

Why have opensuse guys made it so difficult to get back your task-bar????

Think of it as an adventure! Set the taskbar the way you want it, not the way the opensuse guys want it.

BTW, there are a couple old threads on this topics. If you search for them, you might find how to get the thing back in a couple of clicks. For me, it looks better now than the "standard" look.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C. Clarke

If you need to restore the KDE4 panel to it's defaults then open a terminal and enter the following commands.

kquitapp plasma
    rm ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-appletsrc
    plasma &

Thanks to Zarin (kwin dev).

Quote Originally Posted by RCCrouch View Post
    If you need to restore the KDE4 panel to it's defaults then open a terminal and enter the following commands.

kquitapp plasma
    rm ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-appletsrc
    plasma &

Thanks to Zarin (kwin dev).
    Thanks, but this came a little late. I have already deleted my account and logged in after creating a new account for me. Curiously now when I do a right click on my desktop, it shows me "add panel" option which was no there before..

I am just curious to know that if there is a way to add/remove options which appear when I right click on the desktop.