Uh....what?

I installed KDE 4.2 from the Factory repos last night on my laptop, and noticed some package updates, so I updated my current installation on my desktop pc, as well. I thought that everything was great, and I was especially glad to see that there were kde4-konversation and panel-spacer plasmoid packages included. Woo!

…then I rebooted.

I noticed at first that all of my application launchers on the panel (not other widgets, just the applications I dragged from kickoff to the panel) were white, useless icons. I figured it was just something weird from the update, so I removed them and set it back up with the correct application launchers. Annoying, but at least it was fixed.

…or so I thought.

After rebooting again later, I noticed that all of the white launchers were back, mixed in with the ones I’d just added. What’s more, I had changed my desktop from the Default Desktop setting to Folder View mode. That reverted, as well. I changed my wallpaper, and that reverted. I removed the networkmanager-kde4 panel widget, and it’s back again. It seems that anything I add to my desktop makes its way into a permanent change, but anything I remove or change does not. This affects both my desktop pc and my laptop.

This is a very serious annoyance :|. Any suggestions?

See this thread:

KDE 4.2 Update Feb 5th - Caution - Page 2 - openSUSE Forums

Thanks! I searched for a duplicate thread, but not very hard.