gscan2pdf, or other solution for multipage .pdf creation

Does anyone have experience using gscan2pdf? Would you recommend the package? Is it available for use in openSUSE v. 11.1 with KDE 4.x?

I am looking for a solution for creating .pdf files from multiple pages of scanned hardcopy. Does anyone have a recommendation for a solid package that provides this functionality?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I see it is an active project on SourceForge, with an available SUSE rpm download and a recent update.

Still curious to hear feedback on experience in the use of the package from the SUSE community, or any reports on alternative packages.

Also, are there any precautions to downloading software outside the universe of openSUSE repositories, or advantages in limiting to use of the repos?

Lastly, what about the “G” in gscan… - is this a Gnome package? I know I can run them under KDE, but are there any concerns there - performance, overhead, … ?

Thanks for any feedback.

Well I tried just out of curiosity and because I got it installed in Ubuntu/Kubuntu,Mandriva,Mint,Slackware,Sabayon,Debian,PClinux and others as well but in Suse-no. first there are a lot of deps to install and then it cannot find this or that-it really is a mess.
If you have your scanner working,I would’t bother about gscan2pdf because Suse really makes it very hard as soon as you want to install something that’s not in its repos.
I am running 14 linux distros and I must say Suse is one of the most difficult when it comes to installing something that’s not .rpm and if you are not a linux/suse geek.
I am afraid linux and Suse is still a long way of getting mainstream if that’s what they want.
That said, I still have a lot of fun exploring different linuxes.
Sometimes great joy,sometimes extreme frustration!
Now if somebody got gscan2pdf working in Suse 11.1 I still want to hear about it. I am giving up.

Now if somebody got gscan2pdf working in Suse 11.1 I still want to hear about it. I am giving up.

Well,not quite. I found this website,did follow it exactly and it works.Some little adjustments depending on the system but it looks great.

gscan2pdf - Scan multiple Documents, import images to PDF & DjVu | SUSE & openSUSE

Install gscan2pdf follow this link:
gscan2pdf - Scan multiple Documents, import images to PDF & DjVu | SUSE & openSUSE

I installed gscan2pdf succesfully in SuSe 11.1 and works fine.
On my laptop I have kubuntu, also gscan2pdf works out of the box

Paul