Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Virtual Box-OSE for SUSE11.1 additions not working

  1. #1

    Default Virtual Box-OSE for SUSE11.1 additions not working

    After successful installation of the OSE version including Windows XP, I also added the following two packages with YAST:
    1. virtualbox-ose-guest-tools and 2. xorg-x11-driver-virtualbox-ose for reason to increase the size of the virtual screen which is only about 50% of my 19" monitor. It cannot be resized with the commands suggested by the virtual machine and a message requests the addition of the guest tools, albeit installed.

    What is the problem here? Unfortunately I was unable to find any documentation, explaining the use of the packages. Therefore I am seeking any advise here on this forum.

    Thank you very kindly for taking time to reply.

    -ve3fd

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,723
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Virtual Box-OSE for SUSE11.1 additions not working

    Read here:
    VirtualBox Installation - openSUSE

    You should be using this repo:
    Index of /repositories/Virtualization:/VirtualBox/openSUSE_11.1


    and update VBox


    When in the XP VM - free your mouse and from one of the tab across the top - choice install guest additions

    It works brilliantly
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  3. #3

    Default Re: Virtual Box-OSE for SUSE11.1 additions not working

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Read here:
    VirtualBox Installation - openSUSE

    You should be using this repo:
    Index of /repositories/Virtualization:/VirtualBox/openSUSE_11.1


    and update VBox


    When in the XP VM - free your mouse and from one of the tab across the top - choice install guest additions

    It works brilliantly
    Thank you very much caf4926.
    While I was quite careful to install everthing as per the suggestions offered by SUSE (and reiterated by you) concerning Virtual Box, I did not have any choice anywhere to install any additions.
    Accordingly, I believe that I installed the VBox packages in the incorrect order, namely Vbox, WindowsXP and subsequently the addional packages named above.
    Perhaps the installation order should be VBox and all its required and ancillary packages and then Windows. Oh, well. It's a learning curve and unfortunately time consuming. Would you concur with the installation order, which I think might be correct?.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,723
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Virtual Box-OSE for SUSE11.1 additions not working

    With the XP machine running
    When click Install VBox Additions it downloads another small .iso
    (you can add it to mount at booting xp in the settings for the VM) but normally it automounts from the download.
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,723
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Virtual Box-OSE for SUSE11.1 additions not working

    Here is a Video showing it. You have to download it from here:

    Virtual Box Additions In XP - By carl4926
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  6. #6

    Default Re: Virtual Box-OSE for SUSE11.1 additions not working

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Here is a Video showing it. You have to download it from here:

    Virtual Box Additions In XP - By carl4926
    I got it working, actually before I read your message concerning the video.

    I have other questions with VBox before commit anything serious to it, But I will search in the forum first and perhaps i will find the answer.
    Thank you ever so much for helping out. Take care.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,723
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Virtual Box-OSE for SUSE11.1 additions not working

    Quote Originally Posted by ve3fd View Post
    I got it working, actually before I read your message concerning the video.

    I have other questions with VBox before commit anything serious to it, But I will search in the forum first and perhaps i will find the answer.
    Thank you ever so much for helping out. Take care.
    That's Great - Well done.

    Good luck
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •