Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Moderators moderating their own arguments

  1. #1

    Default Moderators moderating their own arguments

    Just to place on record that oldcpu has had an argument with me over his 'howto' and has apparently been authorised by the other mods to moderate my posts in that argument.

    OK, if that is how the mods wish to play it, they can do so. But it does tend to detract from the integrity of this forum if mods will moderate the comments of people they are actively debating with.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Finland, European Union
    Posts
    1,879

    Default Re: Moderators moderating their own arguments

    You are .. who exactly, again?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Moderators moderating their own arguments

    I lost reputation points for my post above. I stick with what I say and I would rather have integrity than reputation points.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Moderators moderating their own arguments

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysantine View Post
    You are .. who exactly, again?
    NigmaToolin. A user profile. Who are you?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Finland, European Union
    Posts
    1,879

    Default Re: Moderators moderating their own arguments

    Apparently my sarcasm was lost to you.

    I'd say Oldcpu is most likely the most coolheaded administrator I've *ever* seen in a Linux forum and if he decides to change / edit / comment / debate something in his (or other peoples posts) it's done for a good reason.

    You on the other hand have a handful of posts and most of them seem to be rather argumentative.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    /dev/belgium
    Posts
    1,946

    Default Re: Moderators moderating their own arguments

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysantine View Post
    You are .. who exactly, again?
    I already know who you are... see pic below


  7. #7

    Default Re: Moderators moderating their own arguments

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysantine View Post
    Apparently my sarcasm was lost to you.
    It is not the best way of making a point in a heated situation. Your point?

    I'd say Oldcpu is most likely the most coolheaded administrator I've *ever* seen in a Linux forum and if he decides to change / edit / comment / debate something in his (or other peoples posts) it's done for a good reason.

    You on the other hand have a handful of posts and most of them seem to be rather argumentative.
    Naturally as I only have a handful of posts and I have taken on one issue, what you perceive is not surprising.

    It is still in my opinion, totally out of order for a moderator to moderate in his own argument. And I do find him to be thin skinned, which is the root of the problem.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N40 44.977 W073 59.356
    Posts
    1,170

    Default Re: Moderators moderating their own arguments

    NigmaToolin wrote:
    > Just to place on record that oldcpu has had an argument with me over his
    > 'howto' and has apparently been authorised by the other mods to moderate
    > my posts in that argument.
    >
    > OK, if that is how the mods wish to play it, they can do so. But it
    > does tend to detract from the integrity of this forum if mods will
    > moderate the comments of people they are actively debating with.
    >
    >


    Please show me where oldcpu has performed any moderation in that thread.
    I have read through the whole thing and do not even see an edit to a
    post except for 1 at 2:39 today where oldcpu added a link to the post in
    the Read-Only Howto section. Where has any of your posts been changed?

    An added bonus is that post edits are only allowed for the first 10
    minutes from post creation since after that the post passes through to
    NNTP. You can pull up any client and match posts word for word if you
    think something might be changed.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Phuket, Thailand
    Posts
    26,570
    Blog Entries
    38

    Default Re: Moderators moderating their own arguments

    Quote Originally Posted by 69_rs_ss View Post
    Please show me where oldcpu has performed any moderation in that thread.
    Apologies 69_rs_ss, but I am "sort" of guilty as charged. ... that is I did moderate a post on the web site (but not the NNTP side) of the thread. There was no NNTP moderation, so NNTP users did not see the moderation, but web users will not see the post I moderated.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Moderators moderating their own arguments

    Quote Originally Posted by 69_rs_ss View Post
    Please show me where oldcpu has performed any moderation in that thread.
    I have read through the whole thing and do not even see an edit to a
    post except for 1 at 2:39 today where oldcpu added a link to the post in
    the Read-Only Howto section. Where has any of your posts been changed?
    This PM from oldcpu, titled "Post was moderated".

    I have already chatted with my fellow mods and admins on this thread. I have the go ahead to moderate your posts.

    Any further non-technical posts of yours on this thread will be moderated.



    This post taken down:


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post

    So to make it clear to anyone reading this thread:

    If you have specific edits for improvements, or corrections, please post them here, and they will be reviewed and considered. Generalities, such as what has come from NigmaToolin will not.

    And I will take moderator action on any more insults.
    You would be out of order to take moderator action in an argument to which you are a party. Your approach is thin skinned and oversensitive.

    I do think it is arrogant of you to characterise the whole of my input as generalities. Ban me if you must, but you are giving as good as you have got.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    Maybe while you are at it, you could also read the links.
    You did not post the links to start with. Nor does your 'howto' take into account any facet of the criticisms arising from the use of dd. Perhaps if you had been a little more open to your earlier critics, you would not be here, potentially about to take action which would compromise you as a moderator.

    Think carefully and act rationally here, you could hurt yourself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •