Thread: Programming Language

Default Programming Language

Hello again,

I would like to start creating a desktop program that will arrange my mp3s. I would like to use C++ to be able to learn OOP and QT for my gui. Any books or references that would help me start? I know C# and PHP(web development) but i am not confident on my OOP skills. I hope this program that I will write will help me improve my skills.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Programming Language

Quote Originally Posted by giancarlos20 View Post
    Hello again,

I would like to start creating a desktop program that will arrange my mp3s. I would like to use C++ to be able to learn OOP and QT for my gui. Any books or references that would help me start? I know C# and PHP(web development) but i am not confident on my OOP skills. I hope this program that I will write will help me improve my skills.

Thanks in advance.
    Install the KDevelop package. It'll integrate everything you need (though getting the documentation browser to work can be a pain). The KDevelop website has some excellent walk-throughs and sample projects to get you started, too.

Thanks smpoole7

I will try this. Good luck to me

Quote Originally Posted by giancarlos20 View Post
    Hello again,

Thanks in advance.
    Hi,

if you are a bit familiar with C++, C# or Java I would recommend C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4. There is a small extract here. This book gives a good introduction of C++ with Qt and has as appendix an introduction to C++ for Java and C# programmers which might be helpful in your case.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Monex View Post
    Hi,

if you are a bit familiar with C++, C# or Java I would recommend C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4. There is a small extract here. This book gives a good introduction of C++ with Qt and has as appendix an introduction to C++ for Java and C# programmers which might be helpful in your case.

Hope this helps
    Shoot, *I* may give that a try. I've got an old QT2 book, and needless to say, it's a bit .. ..... dated.

Thanks smpoole7,

Thanks smpoole7,
    I will try this one too to improve my skills.
    Thanks again