Trying to set my sytem back up

I had posted in the install/boot forum about a problem I was having with openSUSE 10.3. After a ton of trying to get the system to work again, I ended up having to do a new install (I still had the cd from when I installed it the first time). I now have the system back, in a way. The problem is, when I try to install some stuff I had on the old setup (SMplayer, hplip, and some others), I get a list of dependencies that can’t be resolved. it’s mostly a bunch of lib* stuff, and I would think that Yast would be able to find that stuff!

I can deal with that stuff for now, but need my printer at the VERY least.

Michael
(by the way, the printer is a HP Photosmart 7260, and the HP site directs me to the HPLIP site and driver. I had it working before the crash, as well as the other stuff I’m having problems installing now, so I KNOW it’s possible.)

Hi
Just install the hplip driver via YaST and then run hp-setup as root
user.

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 11.1 x86 Kernel 2.6.27.7-9-default
up 2 days 10:05, 1 user, load average: 0.18, 0.21, 0.25
GPU GeForce 6600 TE/6200 TE - Driver Version: 180.22

Maybe I should have been a bit more specific. I AM using Yast, and I STILL get the list of unresolved dependencies. (My first post included getting the dependencies problem with hplip, just not that I was using Yast)

Michael

Hi
So since the rebuild have you updated? Are you installing the hplip off
the install media? Is the update mirror your using complete?

up 2 days 11:12, 3 users, load average: 0.05, 0.04, 0.06

Uh, I need to apologize. The error seems to be that I hadn’t actually added a repo I needed when I thought that I HAD. In short, my problem is resolved, and SOMEhow it was my fault. Nothing got messed up, but I made assumptions before double-checking. I also fear that I may have been a bit sarcastic in my earlier reply.

I’m sure I’ll need to ask more questions here sooner or later, but for now this is [SOLVED]

Hi
No apology needed :slight_smile: Glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

up 2 days 16:25, 2 users, load average: 0.23, 0.45, 0.57