iFolder-client to openSuse 11 and 11.1?

Works nothing iFolder-client-version with OpenSuse 11 and/or 11.1? We have try meny, but nothing works NOT :frowning:

Think iFolder is dead, or at least on the bottom on someone’s list.

Try this

10 step iFolder Client Installation on Linux

It works for me :slight_smile:

Well, in 11.1 iFolder complains about some file it can’t find. They are there, but a new version which it doesn’t want.

Something I read on PlanetSUSE:

I have some good news for people who are interested in the iFolder Project: Novell will resume open development of iFolder in the next two weeks.

What does this mean? We’ll be re-launching the iFolder site, and providing access to the source code starting with 3.7.2. We also want to get iFolder into the openSUSE Build Service and start releasing iFolder with openSUSE.

This has been in the works for some time, and we’re planning to make a more formal announcement towards the end of this month — which will include source code for the most recent version of iFolder.

I’m not sure yet if we’re going to hit March 31st or April 2nd for the announcement and release. For obvious reasons, it’s not a good idea to send the note out on April 1st… But, our plan is to formally announce the release of code in less than two weeks.

In addition to the code release, we’ve been developing our strategy for coordinating and communicating with the community going forward. Brent McConnell will be taking the role of community manager for iFolder (as well as Kablink) and the iFolder developers will be more actively working directly with the community.

Why isn’t this happening immediately? We need to get the site infrastructure in place to support the project going forward, and due to the gap in releases, there was a decision to do a legal review of the iFolder code and plan of action for further community development before releasing the 3.7.x branch. I’m happy to say that this is a one-time situation, and further releases will happen in sync with iFolder development.

If you have comments or questions about iFolder as an open source project, please drop me or Brent an email.

Thanks for your patience.

One word comes to mind: WHOOHOO!

I’ve created a repo for ifolder with the required mono and lastest iFolder development.

There is a repo of openSUSE 11.0, openSUSE 11.1, and SLE 11. The client does have a gtk bug, but I’ve been told that that will be fixed on monday. I’ll probably post on my blog when its in the repo (Decriptor’s Blog)

Index of /repositories/Mono://UIA://iFolder