Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: gnome-settings-daemon suse 11.1

  1. #1
    krisztian1 NNTP User

    Default gnome-settings-daemon suse 11.1


    Code:
    --------------------
    Unable to start the settings manager 'gnome-settings-daemon'.
    Without the GNOME settings manager running, some preferences may not take effect. This could indicate a problem with Bonobo, or a non-GNOME (e.g. KDE) settings manager may already be active and conflicting with the GNOME settings manager.
    --------------------


    This message i get everytime i open the theme selector, the application
    seem to open and work fine, I can change theme, background, fonts, but
    when i try to change the themes colour nothing happends.


    Code:
    --------------------
    krisz@mikle:~> ps aux | grep gnome
    root 2467 0.0 0.2 7340 2660 ? S 13:05 0:00 /usr/lib/gdm/gdm-simple-slave --display-id /org/gnome/DisplayManager/Display1
    krisz 3573 0.0 1.8 124836 18904 ? Ssl 13:05 0:00 /usr/bin/gnome-session
    krisz 4026 0.0 0.0 3560 736 ? S 13:05 0:00 dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/gnome-session
    krisz 4033 0.0 0.3 15412 3680 ? S 13:05 0:00 /usr/lib/gnome-session/helpers/gnome-keyring-daemon-wrapper
    krisz 4037 0.0 0.2 15460 2244 ? SL 13:05 0:00 /usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon
    krisz 5718 0.0 2.3 115044 23952 ? S 13:12 0:04 gnome-panel
    krisz 5726 0.0 1.7 105464 18220 ? S 13:12 0:00 /usr/lib/gnome-main-menu/main-menu --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_MainMenu_Factory --oaf-ior-fd=23
    krisz 6623 7.1 1.8 113876 18460 ? Sl 15:18 0:00 gnome-terminal
    krisz 6625 0.0 0.0 3200 568 ? S 15:18 0:00 gnome-pty-helper
    krisz 6645 0.0 0.0 3276 800 pts/1 S+ 15:18 0:00 grep gnome
    krisz@mikle:~> ps aux | grep bonobo
    krisz 4531 0.0 0.3 43344 3512 ? Ssl 13:05 0:00 /usr/lib/bonobo/bonobo-activation-server --ac-activate --ior-output-fd=17
    krisz 6720 0.0 0.0 3272 792 pts/1 S+ 15:26 0:00 grep bonobo
    krisz@mikle:~> ps aux | grep kde
    krisz 4690 0.0 0.4 33808 4248 ? Ss 13:05 0:00 kdeinit4: kdeinit4 Running...
    krisz 4693 0.0 1.0 61796 11120 ? S 13:05 0:00 kded4
    krisz 4697 0.0 0.4 34324 5048 ? S 13:05 0:00 kdeinit4: kio_file [kdeinit] file local:/tmp/ksocket-krisz/klauncherMT4691.slave-socket local:/tmp/ksocket-krisz/ktorrentXM4639.slave-socket
    krisz 6725 0.0 0.0 3272 792 pts/1 S+ 15:26 0:00 grep kde

    --------------------


    This problem is up since i installed the ati driver, but i'm not sure
    this could cause the problem.


    --
    krisztian1
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    krisztian1's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=15827
    View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=404507


  2. #2
    Malcolm NNTP User

    Default Re: gnome-settings-daemon suse 11.1

    Quote Originally Posted by krisztian1
    Code:
    --------------------
    Unable to start the settings manager 'gnome-settings-daemon'.
    Without the GNOME settings manager running, some preferences may not
    take effect. This could indicate a problem with Bonobo, or a non-GNOME
    (e.g. KDE) settings manager may already be active and conflicting with
    the GNOME settings manager. --------------------


    This message i get everytime i open the theme selector, the application
    seem to open and work fine, I can change theme, background, fonts, but
    when i try to change the themes colour nothing happends.

    Code:
    <snip>
    krisz@mikle:~> ps aux | grep kde
    kdeinit4: kdeinit4 Running...
    kded4
    kdeinit4: kio_file [kdeinit] file
    local:/tmp/ksocket-krisz/klauncherMT4691.slave-socket
    local:/tmp/ksocket-krisz/ktorrentXM4639.slave-socket
    This problem is up since i installed the ati driver, but i'm not sure
    this could cause the problem.
    Hi
    I would say it's those kde4 processes that are running as indicated in
    the error.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.1 x86 Kernel 2.6.27.7-9-pae
    up 12:04, 2 users, load average: 0.11, 0.10, 0.09
    GPU GeForce 6600 TE/6200 TE - Driver Version: 180.22


  3. #3
    krisztian1 NNTP User

    Default Re: gnome-settings-daemon suse 11.1


    If i kill kde processes, i get the same error


    --
    krisztian1
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    krisztian1's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=15827
    View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=404507


  4. #4
    Malcolm NNTP User

    Default Re: gnome-settings-daemon suse 11.1

    Quote Originally Posted by krisztian1
    If i kill kde processes, i get the same error
    Hi
    What is the output like if you start it via the CLI;
    Code:
    gnome-appearance-properties
    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.1 x86 Kernel 2.6.27.7-9-pae
    up 0:20, 2 users, load average: 0.13, 0.12, 0.15
    GPU GeForce 6600 TE/6200 TE - Driver Version: 180.22


  5. #5
    krisztian1 NNTP User

    Default Re: gnome-settings-daemon suse 11.1


    hi!
    The icons and window colours change for a moment as i setupped before
    but then it is come back a get this message:


    Code:
    --------------------
    krisz@mikle:~/> gnome-appearance-properties
    /usr/share/themes/Synchronicity/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:46: Clearlooks configuration option "menuitemstyle" is not supported and will be ignored.
    /usr/share/themes/Synchronicity/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:47: Clearlooks configuration option "listviewitemstyle" is not supported and will be ignored.
    /usr/share/themes/Synchronicity/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:48: Clearlooks configuration option "progressbarstyle" is not supported and will be ignored.

    --------------------


    --
    krisztian1
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    krisztian1's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=15827
    View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=404507


  6. #6
    Malcolm NNTP User

    Default Re: gnome-settings-daemon suse 11.1

    Quote Originally Posted by krisztian1
    hi!
    The icons and window colours change for a moment as i setupped before
    but then it is come back a get this message:


    Code:
    --------------------
    krisz@mikle:~/> gnome-appearance-properties
    /usr/share/themes/Synchronicity/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:46: Clearlooks
    configuration option "menuitemstyle" is not supported and will be
    ignored. /usr/share/themes/Synchronicity/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:47: Clearlooks
    configuration option "listviewitemstyle" is not supported and will be
    ignored. /usr/share/themes/Synchronicity/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:48: Clearlooks
    configuration option "progressbarstyle" is not supported and will be
    ignored. --------------------
    Hi
    So the error doesn't appear from the CLI.... I get those same warnings
    from the CLI, but don't see your error. So you have both KDE4 and Gnome
    installed? What is your default to start in, if it's KDE, try starting
    into Gnome first and see if you get the same error.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.1 x86 Kernel 2.6.27.7-9-pae
    up 1:15, 1 user, load average: 0.33, 0.13, 0.10
    GPU GeForce 6600 TE/6200 TE - Driver Version: 180.22


  7. #7
    krisztian1 NNTP User

    Default Re: gnome-settings-daemon suse 11.1


    I have gnome by default, and i had installaed kde4, but today i was
    uninstalled kde4 and install kde3, the problem is still up.


    --
    krisztian1
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    krisztian1's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=15827
    View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=404507


  8. #8
    Malcolm NNTP User

    Default Re: gnome-settings-daemon suse 11.1

    Quote Originally Posted by krisztian1
    I have gnome by default, and i had installaed kde4, but today i was
    uninstalled kde4 and install kde3, the problem is still up.
    Hi
    If there is a .kde and .kde4 directory in your home directory. Move
    them and logout/login;
    Code:
    mv .kde .old_kde
    mv .kde4 .old_kde4
    I'm thinking there maybe some old cache info causing issues...

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.1 x86 Kernel 2.6.27.7-9-pae
    up 2:21, 2 users, load average: 0.01, 0.29, 0.40
    GPU GeForce 6600 TE/6200 TE - Driver Version: 180.22


  9. #9
    krisztian1 NNTP User

    Default Re: gnome-settings-daemon suse 11.1


    it don't helped, i find out my screensaver isn't working too.


    --
    krisztian1
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    krisztian1's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=15827
    View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=404507


  10. #10
    krisztian1 NNTP User

    Default Re: gnome-settings-daemon suse 11.1


    Problem is solved today somehow. As i remember i was remove
    gstreamer-plugins-bad, added gnome repository and update some packages,
    and do some setup with pulse audio. I don't know what was cause the
    problem with gnome-settings-daemon. But my desktop looks mutch better
    right now.


    --
    krisztian1
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    krisztian1's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=15827
    View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=404507


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •