Thread: Newbie to OpenSUSE, setting up of different things.

Default Newbie to OpenSUSE, setting up of different things.

Hi!

As title says, I'm a newbie to OpenSUSE, have been using Kubuntu and Ubuntu a bit.

First, I want to use the Wireless Connection.

Starting up Yast2, it says I need to access Yast2 via another way to edit the information, but I don't know how to access it that way. Any Terminal command to open things with su?

Also, I am dualbooting with XP, how do I set up GRUB for that? If GRUB is good with openSUSE?

Last, brightness seems weird, it's dark, very dark, I can fix that though, but everytime I plug the charger in, it goes back to being dark and so on.

Thanks in advance, Lasse!

Default Re: Newbie to OpenSUSE, setting up of different things.

Lasse,

please split up those questions, one problem/question per thread. Please post the wireless issue in the wireless forum, the rest should be fine in install/boot/login.

We need more information, too: Which GUI are you using (Gnome, KDE4, KDE3, other?), what hardware are you using (especially , which wireless chip)?

Also note that we have a very good Wireless troubleshooting sticky. Please read this.

Good luck
    Uwe

Default Re: Newbie to OpenSUSE, setting up of different things.

Intel 3945ABG, KDE4

Please take note, the wireless card is installed, I just don't know how to get the access permissions to select a wireless network etc.

Edit:

Uninstalled Windows XP, so GRUB isn't an issue. Only the network thing and also the brightness thing.